JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picked up an Chinese SKS w/cracked stock. Already bought another surplus wood stock to replace it with.
Needs some fitting done to the wood as it won't slap together as I figured.

Dies anybody know of someone who can work on this to get it to fit ? I don't have proper tools as it turns out but also don't want to damage the replacement wood stock.

thanks for any info.

Is it the metal crossbar in the stock that is stopping it from going together? I'm no expert but I believe a sks with a pined barrel vs threaded take different stocks. I've heard if that's the case you can just remove the crossbar and it will fit.

Is it the metal crossbar in the stock that is stopping it from going together? I'm no expert but I believe a sks with a pined barrel vs threaded take different stocks. I've heard if that's the case you can just remove the crossbar and it will fit.

Ya this stock setup was the same as the cracked one I removed with the crossbar. It fit better with that removed so I think that crossbar hole needs a small amount opened up for the bar to set back just a hair, but towards the but end it wont sit maybe a couple millimeters difference plus the trigger group stops just short of snapping in place.

Was told to maybe get some colored chalk and use that to see where it's hitting ... where the wood needs trimming. As mentioned above I think I'll get a dremel and go that route.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top