JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, I am looking for AR-15 carbine stock that is sort of like this:

1707262642239.png

It will attach to a carbine type tube:

1.jpg

2.jpg

It does not need a spring or buffer as it is attaching to a submachine-gun that has an AR-15 adapter.

Suggestions? Thanks! :)

Picatinny Rail Adapter
1707265345763.png
Double Star and/or Other Cool Options
1707265420831.png

AR Tube
MDT SCS or others in the link.
1707265605256.png

So, I am looking for AR-15 carbine stock that is sort of like this:

View attachment 1817279

It will attach to a carbine type tube:

View attachment 1817280

View attachment 1817281

It does not need a spring or buffer as it is attaching to a submachine-gun that has an AR-15 adapter.

Suggestions? Thanks! :)
I would adapt it to picatinny/1913 rail. The sky is the limit for the type of stock you can use probably 100+ options.

5E2855B6-904B-48D1-9344-AC932D78031E.png
EF959C30-2F22-4CF9-BAD3-C7ABC5E2B27F.png
These kind you can put wood inserts or cheek risers in which looks really cool Imo.
4C5FE744-ABC0-4709-ADCD-603EDCA609E4.jpeg

Last Edited:
Thanks fellows, much appreciated. My understanding is the adapter I have only works with carbine type tubes, but I'm far from expert on AR parts. The stock from Double Star looks like exactly the ticket.

Thanks fellows, much appreciated. My understanding is the adapter I have only works with carbine type tubes, but I'm far from expert on AR parts. The stock from Double Star looks like exactly the ticket.
You can convert from ar to 1913 easily with an adapter but if that ends up being 2 adapters that may make length of pull too long. There are adapters for everything seems like. A few random examples.
B9402870-0B58-4263-9FDF-148076C88FCF.png
CA0DF721-0F13-4848-9636-0586E1065ACF.jpeg
4065A920-0C8A-46AD-8A28-521EF21D85E1.png
CD352406-0493-4972-9E52-2D9978DC3A11.png
Standard ar15 reciever to 1913 with jmac knockoff stock on a brn-180
87262A56-7B43-4CD7-B301-C7D199059F9D.png
Same stock with a picatinny to picatinny optics riser to increase length of pull 1.5"?ish.
3ACB2D00-D9BC-4880-A53E-2281EB4B4E33.png
You can also get custom wood ones made (this one is not mine)

Note to those who may be unfamiliar with NFA: All NFA rules apply and stocked pistols or vertical foregrips on pistols require an NFA SBR stamp

Last Edited:
I have the Doublestar skeletoon stock on one of my own builds in 458 Socom. I wrapped the bars with paracord, which gave it a nice look, a little better grip and the utility of having a nice chunk of cord right there on the rifle.

I can't think of anything that fits the bill exactly.

ACE does make a short version of that stock that is more 'carbiney' but it is too short unless you are an action hero in bulky body armor. or a midget.

I can't think of anything that fits the bill exactly.

ACE does make a short version of that stock that is more 'carbiney' but it is too short unless you are an action hero in bulky body armor. or a midget.
Or you could get lucky like I did and find one of these and end up with an "in between" length

Or you could get lucky like I did and find one of these and end up with an "in between" length

Yeah but still not quite the look/structure of the ace stock on a carbine buffer tube. The shorty ace looks like it goes on a short but round/smooth buffer tube, without the (whatever the downward portruding stuff on the underside of a carbine tube is called).

Don't mean to be a negative nellie here but not sure there is a perfect solution.

Yeah but still not quite the look/structure of the ace stock on a carbine buffer tube. The shorty ace looks like it goes on a short but round/smooth buffer tube, without the (whatever the downward portruding stuff on the underside of a carbine tube is called).

Don't mean to be a negative nellie here but not sure there is a perfect solution.
Guess it depends on if the length or the features of the carbine stock are what's important

Guess it depends on if the length or the features of the carbine stock are what's important
Yep.

I might try the complete ace stock kit, with the buffer tube and whatnot.

Or maybe a Magpul CTR which vaguely resembles the triangle shape of the ace stock And has the same utilitarian vibe.

My understanding is the adapter I have only works with carbine type tubes
The reason they specify the carbine tube is because of the way the AR buffer tubes are retained on an AR. For the rifle the threads are just long enough to screw in and capture the buffer retaining pin and there is a flange to keep it from going in too far. the stock is then screwed to the back of the tube and there is a nub on the front bottom of the stock to prevent everything from rotating, so you get basically a 3 point lock up. You can see the nub on the front of the ACE stock as well.
The carbine tubs can't be attached to the rear of the tube so the threads are longer and you use a castle nut to lock the tube to the receiver, and you would use that same way of locking up to attach it to the adaptor.

So you can use a rifle stock with any of the adaptors, the thread depth into the receiver is the same on both the the rifle and carbine, but the rifle tube wouldn't have the castle nut to lock it down. You could use Rockset to keep it in place or a screw run through the bottom of adaptor and tube would work. If the back of the adaptor is open you could even get a nut in there on the screw
Photo for reference

ARRifleCarbineBufferTube.jpg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany