JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm getting some SBR paperwork started and intend to chop some barrels I have. I have never done crowns but I do have AR barrels with several different types of crowns.

Is there an advantage of one type of crown vs another?

Fixed thread title, and as above, not unless the muzzle is naked. Otherwise I think there is an optimal angle for the cone.

Since it'll have a brake and probably a suppressor just do a 90° and call it good?

I would thread it too.. It wont do much in your case, but why not do it since you are there already?

There's an article somewhere regarding 224 Valkyrie and FPS vs barrel length. Dude just K12 cut the barrel many times to get measurement's. Still had accuracy w no crown.

I would thread it too.. It wont do much in your case, but why not do it since you are there already?

There's an article somewhere regarding 224 Valkyrie and FPS vs barrel length. Dude just K12 cut the barrel many times to get measurement's. Still had accuracy w no crown.
Threading is always required!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads