JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all. I live in Texas, but have heard a lot of people recommend this site for the classifieds. I'm going to be converting the MAK90 into a Type 56 or Spiker style gun. I've shot AKs, but have never owned or worked on them. I'm debating on if I want to spend the money on real Chu wood, and if I want a solid stock or underfolder. I just bought both of the pictured MAK90s. I'd love to hear anybodies advice or experience with working on MAK90s or this conversion. I might post pics and details of how the job goes, if people are interested.

I'm sure I'll have questions, and this is my first. Can't seem to find an answer to this simple question.
Are underfolders meant for milled guns different than underfolders meant for stamped guns?

magpmak.jpeg

Is yours a fixed stock or under folder? Can you run a mill an find a Chinese underfolder trunnion? Can you Tig weld old rivet holes, flush em an blend them to disappear? If it's a fixed stock then leave it that way and convert it over. Generally your money ahead to buy a already converted mak 90.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews