JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used to shoot in a trap league many years ago. I averaged 19 of 25. Good times. We drank beer on the firing line and ear protection was something some did and some not. I was a some not. Eh?

Wow bmarshall thats pretty good, doubles are difficult, the first is easy but the transition to the second is always a bugger. I have found with the hand throwers, shooting birds can be even more difficult because the path is super inconsistent (which I guess is good).

Any one on here really into skeet or trap shooting? If so whats the most clays in a row you have broken? I think my best is only about 13 on the skeet field and maybe 18 or so on trap range.

I used to shoot both trap and skeet competitively in both league and tournaments in Southern California. I had to go out to the garage and look at my "scare vest" to answer your question. I have a "75 straight patch" for both skeet and trap so somewhere between 75 and 100 straight birds would be my best. It is a great sport if you have a lot of time and money. When I used to do this I was probably shooting between 250 and 500 targets per week for practice. I still shoot once in awhile, but not as good anymore!

Used to shoot a few rounds of skeet most Friday nights when I was in skool. Got 24 of em one time (once only) and have yet to get to 25.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top