JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used to shoot in a trap league many years ago. I averaged 19 of 25. Good times. We drank beer on the firing line and ear protection was something some did and some not. I was a some not. Eh?

Wow bmarshall thats pretty good, doubles are difficult, the first is easy but the transition to the second is always a bugger. I have found with the hand throwers, shooting birds can be even more difficult because the path is super inconsistent (which I guess is good).

Any one on here really into skeet or trap shooting? If so whats the most clays in a row you have broken? I think my best is only about 13 on the skeet field and maybe 18 or so on trap range.

I used to shoot both trap and skeet competitively in both league and tournaments in Southern California. I had to go out to the garage and look at my "scare vest" to answer your question. I have a "75 straight patch" for both skeet and trap so somewhere between 75 and 100 straight birds would be my best. It is a great sport if you have a lot of time and money. When I used to do this I was probably shooting between 250 and 500 targets per week for practice. I still shoot once in awhile, but not as good anymore!

Used to shoot a few rounds of skeet most Friday nights when I was in skool. Got 24 of em one time (once only) and have yet to get to 25.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews