JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In my honest opinion, I believe all that were involved should lose all hunting privileges, turn over their weapon or weapons, and be charged with a felony. Those are the a-holes that ruin it for the rest of us law abiding citizens. You get a felony you can't buy a gun. IMHO.

Once he realized that he had screwed up, he should have called the ODFW and come clean instead of trying to hide it. The consequences would not nearly have been so severe.

I was elk hunting over near LaGrande once and a 16 yr old kid in an adjacent camp shot a bull and the bullet went through and killed a cow elk that was standing behind it. The kid tagged the bull, his dad put his own tag on the cow, and they drove into town and called the state police to confess. The cops wrote the kid a ticket but didnt confiscate any rifles or trucks and no one went to jail. It was an honest mistake with no criminal intent. As I recall they even let them keep the cow, at that point there was nothing to be gained by allowing the meat to go to waste.

Once he realized that he had screwed up, he should have called the ODFW and come clean instead of trying to hide it. The consequences would not nearly have been so severe.

I was elk hunting over near LaGrande once and a 16 yr old kid in an adjacent camp shot a bull and the bullet went through and killed a cow elk that was standing behind it. The kid tagged the bull, his dad put his own tag on the cow, and they drove into town and called the state police to confess. The cops wrote the kid a ticket but didnt confiscate any rifles or trucks and no one went to jail. It was an honest mistake with no criminal intent. As I recall they even let them keep the cow, at that point there was nothing to be gained by allowing the meat to go to waste.

Hopefully his dad lectured him all the way to town about knowing your target AND whats behind it :s0155:

And that is how we should all operate once we make a mistake. Hunting is no different from the rest of life... mistakes occasionally get made.

Taking responsibility for the mistakes you've made is what my father taught me was part of being a man.

In this case, the dad taught his son a VERY important lesson, and did it the best way; by example.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top