JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm sure when he has a few secret minutes he will text you some exciting shi° er I mean stuff. And yes his vocabulary will be enhanced Marine style.....

Think about this for a minute, many of us here were in the military acknowledge when the years started with 19__..... & no cell phones or nuttin of the sort..... we used to have to communicate on a pay phone I think 30 other guys Yadkin like tough guys to their friends and family :eek::eek::eek::p

He joined the Marines basically to get a credential that will help him for his career of choice, which is to be a police officer. He was told that the competition for LEO can be stiff, and that ex-military tend to have an advantage...:s0092:

The gates outside Camp Pendelton are plastered with recruiting posters and signs from law enforcement agencies all over the SW. Our boys came home and were recruited by several local agencies. The human resources people like hiring veterans, and a couple specifically said Marine Corps veterans. They have to teach them how to be cops, but they are already trained to shoot, go hands on, and have the instinct and attitude to be excellent police offices. Military Police is very competitive MOS, and a very valuable asset when you get out.

One of the boys is in facilities at Intel and his direct boss was a Marine. Might have had something to do with it.

I was not in the Marine Corps or any military, but being around my boys and all their Marine buddies and the fun and hauling them around San Diego, Pendelton and Lajune make me understand the brotherhood thing.

Oh Man, the first steps off that bus, at night no less, first loud voices of the D.I. Lets ya know its ON now!!! A little excited, a little scared, no sleep that first night, buzz cut in the morning! Ah.................Good times!

REALLY?! o_O
You're not just rolling your eyes at my drama??! :oops: I was afraid it would be one of those 'silly' threads, but I have been surely touched by everyone's input, encouragement and support. :s0116:

I feel SO much better than I did yesterday and this morning!! Even started my first letter to him!! :s0132:
Thank you!!
Moms are the absolute best.

During my time in "boot camp" I sat up (asleep) in my bunk and said, "loose lips, sink ships" (true story). Talk about childhood indoctrination! (Daddy taught us that as little boys).

Sweet memories of the "summer of '73".

Oh Man, the first steps off that bus, at night no less, first loud voices of the D.I. Lets ya know its ON now!!! A little excited, a little scared, no sleep that first night, buzz cut in the morning! Ah.................Good times!

Yea, I wasn't quite prepared for the all nighter the first night lol. Almost nodded off a few times, then someone was screaming at me so that kept me up:D

Oh yeah! First night in the temporary trainee barracks, a huge place, I did okay. Even got a few winks!
Then, at 3:00am some SoB, way across the barracks, started sobbing, even mumbled momma! Remember, this was at the height of the Vietnam War, and I was a draftee!
It stuffed me right down to the bottom of the sad sack! Arrggg!
A few minutes later we bounced up and from then on were to busy for gloomy thoughts! Pretty grim there, though! :D

Monica: You are better than my mother ever was. My main support was my father until he died. Trust me, supporting your Marine will mean a great deal to him.

I don't know how his father is, but I certainly miss my Underwater Demolition Team "Frogman"/Navy Rifle Team father. Dad was "Special Forces" before there was a name for it.

I understand how both you and your boy feel. I also know you will both be the better for it.

My nickname, used by just about everybody to my face - of similar rank and above - was my last name spelled backwards. It makes a satisfactory faux Russian name that suited my esrtwhile occupation.

My nickname, used by just about everybody ranked below me, was also my last name spelled backwards.

tac

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads