JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh My Goodness!

I just got a surprise phone call from my son from the San Diego Airport!! He said 'they'? gave the recruits phone cards to call home one last time, but he couldn't' figure his out, so some kind lady let him use her cell phone to call me!!! He sounded strong, confident and told me he feels good!!!
What a HUGE blessing that was! :D:D:D

They always get to make the "I'm here" call........

This wasn't his 'I'm here' call, unless they changed it VERY recently...the 'I'm here call will be from the Depot, scripted, and about 20 seconds long. I will not be able to actually talk to him...I was so surprised to hear my son talking to me just now that it took a half second to realize I could talk back! HAHA!:D

He sound as if he is a spiritually strong young man that's committed to his decision. He'll be tried, tested and not found wanting.

You sent away a boy; he'll return a man. Take heart, it won't take as long as it seems. A young Marine with a lot of heart and spirit. You'll have a "springtime Marine".

If you really want to irritate him when he get's home, just tell him to look at the back of his ID Card. It reads, "Department Of The Navy". :p

This wasn't his 'I'm here' call, unless they changed it VERY recently...the 'I'm here call will be from the Depot, scripted, and about 20 seconds long. I will not be able to actually talk to him...I was so surprised to hear my son talking to me just now that it took a half second to realize I could talk back! HAHA!:D

Hang in there Monica;), you'll make it thru this - stay busy and active on the forum and we will help keep you preoccupied.

Monica: There is a great deal of interservice rivalry between the Navy and the Marines. The Marine Corps is part of the Navy. They may fight between themselves (brothers usually do).

If you sit a Marine and Sailor together, just let a member of the Army, Air Force or Coast Guard insult either the "Leatherneck" or "Bluejacket" and the Sailor and Marine will turn on the "outsider" in a heartbeat!

I wonder if you realize how cool it is that you're sharing this here.

REALLY?! o_O
You're not just rolling your eyes at my drama??! :oops: I was afraid it would be one of those 'silly' threads, but I have been surely touched by everyone's input, encouragement and support. :s0116:

I feel SO much better than I did yesterday and this morning!! Even started my first letter to him!! :s0132:
Thank you!!

Well, thank you as well, Monica! This is a very personal thing that you are sharing with us!
Nothing silly about it, either. We all know someone that has had a child go into the service! It's hard, no guarantees. But, with this much karma going with him I've got to feel good about the whole thing! :D

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews