JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Dropped him off this morning for MCRD San Diego...the house has been pretty dreary today...:s0099:

IMG_20161106_154915.jpg

Awww, Monica. The house may seem dreary, but you have to be so proud that YOUR son made such a good decision. Encourage him every chance you get, and let us know how it's going.

My single biggest regret in life is not doing what he is doing. Be there for him. Every call. Even when it's "bad timing".

Congrats!
This will make him the man that he needs to be in this world.
I don't doubt his family made him a great human being, the Marines will make him the man he needs to own and survive anything this world can throw at him.

Good parenting allowed him to make a decision that will shape his entire life. 3 of our sons went in the Corps, and it has made them upstanding young men. They are all out now, college degrees paid for by the VA, and home owners.

Be ready to go to San Diego when he graduates boot camp. It is a great experience. One of the most intense memories I have is going to MCRD at 0430 one morning when I could not sleep and seeing 500 soon to be Marines drilling in the early morning twlight. Really was a reflective time for me.

We had great time visiting them on the East Coast, West Coast and a lot of other places.

Semper Fi.

Interesting it has to be a mom thing as I was tickled to death when the Daughter shipped out for Great Lakes and then a few years later when my son did the same.

What's the matter, he wasn't smart enough to join the Army? :s0030:Hey, hey, just kidding.
Congrats, it's great to see a young man joining the Military, even if he chose the wrong branch:D.

I attended a BCT graduation not that long ago and now I can't wait for my Soldier to come home on leave this Christmas, before going to Ft. Campbell.

Ray

Wait 'til you see the changes he'll undergo over the next few weeks.
It amazed me the difference in friends and family that joined the Corps, in the very short time they spent in basic.

Wait 'til you see the changes he'll undergo over the next few weeks.
It amazed me the difference in friends and family that joined the Corps, in the very short time they spent in basic.

13 weeks of .......short? I did eight weeks of Army basic back in the day and it was definitely not short.

Ray

13 weeks of .......short? I did eight weeks of Army basic back in the day and it was definitely not short.

Ray
In every case I can recall, those guys looked like they had aged/matured 2 years or more in that 13 weeks.
But you're right, I can't recall any of them referring to the ordeal as "short."
LOL

What a proud moment Monica! I have just one daughter and know my job is to prepare her to leave for the real world one day - I dread the day that comes. But good on you for instilling the values that led him to this decision, that speaks highly of your own values. I never served, but come from a long line of those that did, a decision I wish I could have gone back an reversed. Thanks to your son for his service and for your choice to be a serving mom!!

Congratulations Monica!

You got him there;).

I'm kinda glad my daughter and we couldn't afford to send her off to college.

I enjoy having her still at home - most days lol:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads