JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So after a really long wait I finally got my form 4 approved. took the silencerco SS sparrow our for the weekend and put 1000 rds through it. All I can say is "take your earplugs out so that you can enjoy it"
cleaning it was another matter. I First tried the regular solvents, IE hopps #9. that did nothing , then I found out that vinegar eats lead, So I soaked the parts in straight white vinegar, which loosened the lead. 15 min later and the silencer looked new inside.

So i just took it apart for the second time, however, I coated the internals with TC Bore Butter after cleaning it the first time. Wow. the build-up just fell off. Hats off to the guys at silencerco for a great design and a silencer that will outlast me.

I fully plan to put 52,000 rounds per year down the hole of this baby. Being solid Stainless I doubt that I will have any problems, will keep you guys posted.

I First tried the regular solvents, IE hopps #9. that did nothing , then I found out that vinegar eats lead, So I soaked the parts in straight white vinegar, which loosened the lead. 15 min later and the silencer looked new inside.

So i just took it apart for the second time, however, I coated the internals with TC Bore Butter after cleaning it the first time. Wow.

Kind of interesting, that straight vinegar loosened the lead. BTW, congrats on the can. :)

Just be aware that the vinegar turns the lead into lead acetate (colourless white solid with a slight odour of ethanoic acid) which is NASTY STUFF!!! so do that outside and with gloves on! I would also be careful as I know it does not do anything to stainless steel, but no idea on other metals. Also now I have to take the TC Bore butter off before the vinegar dip. Im using a soak in non-chlorinated brake cleaner for that.

No need to boil them. A little heat does help, tho. Put the solution and item to be cleaned in a glass jar, set it on your bench and put a lamp next to it so the heat from the light bulb warms the solution.
Use an incandescent bulb, not a crappy Al Gore CFL bulb. You'll get more heat and be able to see what you're doing.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top