JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have had this rimfire suppressor for around a year and have never shot sub-sonic ammo. I took it to a friend today because he was considering buying one. He fired it with sub-sonic ammo and I swear it sounded like a BB gun. We were both very impressed.

I ran mine this weekend on a p322 pistol. Was using 710 fps subsonic ammo. Failure to eject every time :(

Ran it on my ruger American and my daughter was shooting. She said "papa's pellet gun is louder!"

I ran mine this weekend on a p322 pistol. Was using 710 fps subsonic ammo. Failure to eject every time :(

Ran it on my ruger American and my daughter was shooting. She said "papa's pellet gun is louder!"
For the most part 710 fps "cci quiet" won't cycle in most any semi auto. Just not enough power. Step up to "cci quiet semi-auto" and it will likely work fine. Cci standard velocity is almost guaranteed to work and is also subsonic. Both of those you can find for 6 cpr on sale now. "cci quiet semi-auto" is very low noise and will still cycle semi-autos.

If you want quiet, hard hitting, and very clean go with American eagle suppressor. It's great and not outrageously expensive. Cci suppressor is the same except it's very expensive.

LOVE the Spectre! Standard .22lr stays subsonic out of our M&P compact due to short barrel. Stupid quiet with subsonic ammo out of our Savage bolt gun. Truly giggle worthy!

I have a project in mind involving my charger pistol, a 4.5 - 6 inch barrel and a Sampson Manufacturing side folding stock. The Spectre figures prominently in the equation 😉

LOVE the Spectre! Standard .22lr stays subsonic out of our M&P compact due to short barrel. Stupid quiet with subsonic ammo out of our Savage bolt gun. Truly giggle worthy!

I have a project in mind involving my charger pistol, a 4.5 - 6 inch barrel and a Sampson Manufacturing side folding stock. The Spectre figures prominently in the equation 😉
At one time I was going to buy the 15-22 pistol and put a binary trigger in it and add a folding stock. That woudl give 600 rounds per minute suppressed ina tiny package. But after shooting the 15-22 rifle I decided it's just too plasticky to mess with. It has no buffer so the hollow tube can be deleted. My 15-22 rifle suppressed works well with a binary. Also the Walther/umarex mp5 22 pistol is fun suppressed. But no way to put a binary in that that I know of. On the mp5 (or hk 416 pistol which is also fun) you can change the bolt spring tension with an Allen wrench to use any ammo reliably (except the 710 fps cci quiet or the garbage colibri rounds).

49581E26-28FE-434B-BCBD-DEAE5B7DF358.jpeg
Old version, no need to cut off the fake buffer tube
One of my favorites at the moment is a buckmark sbr with brace. The only gun I've ever been able to shoot "cci-guiet" 710fps in. It will only shoot the 710 fps reliably if using ceramic dry lube.
Mp5 sbr

Last Edited:
I did not know the spring tension is adjustable on those models. Interesting.

Thanks for the info!
Any of the Walther made ones such as g36, hk 416 rifle or pistol, colt m4, beretta arx 160, mp5 rifle or pistol, Hammerli r1? (Can't recall the name) all use the same innerds (with adjustable bolt speed) and all use the same mags. Drop dead reliable. The mags are night and day better than the 15-22 mags. All just fyi/fwiw.

Last Edited:
For a stainless monocore at about $300 the Sparrow is a darn good choice.

I coat the inside of the baffle and mono core with high temp nickle anti-seize.
It really helps the cleaning process after shooting a bunch of ammo.

1690129461466.png

At one time I was going to buy the 15-22 pistol and put a binary trigger in it and add a folding stock. That woudl give 600 rounds per minute suppressed ina tiny package. But after shooting the 15-22 rifle I decided it's just too plasticky to mess with. It has no buffer so the hollow tube can be deleted. My 15-22 rifle suppressed works well with a binary. Also the Walther/umarex mp5 22 pistol is fun suppressed. But no way to put a binary in that that I know of. On the mp5 (or hk 416 pistol which is also fun) you can change the bolt spring tension with an Allen wrench to use any ammo reliably (except the 710 fps cci quiet or the garbage colibri rounds).

View attachment 1457948
Old version, no need to cut off the fake buffer tube
One of my favorites at the moment is a buckmark sbr with brace. The only gun I've ever been able to shoot "cci-guiet" 710fps in. It will only shoot the 710 fps reliably if using ceramic dry lube.
Mp5 sbr
Am awaiting my Sparrow to get released early for good conduct for my AP5.
How is the sound on your MP5?

Am awaiting my Sparrow to get released early for good conduct for my AP5.
How is the sound on your MP5?
Db with mil spec meter (ie extremely fast rise time) in enclosed room:

18" bolt action/16" 15-22/mp5 with normal size suppressor such as sparrow size:

Cci quiet 109.95/114.4/115.8

Am eagle suppressor 119.9/120.1/123.4

As I recall a 4"ish pistol was about 118 in same room with cci quiet but that's just from memory. Makes sense though cuz noise goes up as barrel size goes down (assuming subsonics).

Note this is not comparable to outside.

From my testing and research the individual suppressor of similar size makes no noticeable difference in sound level (it can make a difference in tone though).for example if you have 5 different mainline brands of the same size they will all have the same sound level (but not necessarily the same tone). If you go to a giant volume suppressor that will make a difference especially as barrel lengths get shorter. I've got data on it somewhere but it's just common sense really. A lot more gas, etc to mitigate the smaller the barrel gets. With long barrels it makes almost no difference what volume the suppressor is but on short barrels volume does make a big difference. Note we're talking 22lr onl here so can't extrapolate to other calibers.

Here are some numbers from Mrguns&gear on pistol with small suppressor vs big. His numbers can be trusted (unlike 95% of YouTube db numbers probably) cuz he is using high rise time impulse meter and mil spec protocols. Note that in the graphic below the terms "big" and "normal" refer to sparrow size suppressors vs "small" refers to itty bitty type.

P.s. note that all of the above does not account for the noise of the action itself. 15-22 and I think cmmg conversions as I recall the action noise alone is almost 115 db by itself. And each action has its own tone. My browning makes a tink tink sound.

What I find most interesting overall is the rate of fire can influence whether others register it as a gunshot or not. A binary Fe it sounds like someone is using a staple gun or impact wrench. So a bystander may not notice vs a pop, pause, pop might sound like someone is shooting an airgun nearby for example.

To illustrate here is a crazy example of a full auto mp5 22 from an SOT manufacturer. If you were not looking at it you wouldn't internet as gunshots. The closest sound I can think of would be a car or trailer going over a cattle guard.

Last Edited:
$199 SILENCERCO Warlock II 22 LR 6" Direct Thread Silencer / Suppressor - Black

$150
thtyhythyt.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR