JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So after a really long wait I finally got my form 4 approved. took the silencerco SS sparrow our for the weekend and put 1000 rds through it. All I can say is "take your earplugs out so that you can enjoy it"
cleaning it was another matter. I First tried the regular solvents, IE hopps #9. that did nothing , then I found out that vinegar eats lead, So I soaked the parts in straight white vinegar, which loosened the lead. 15 min later and the silencer looked new inside.

So i just took it apart for the second time, however, I coated the internals with TC Bore Butter after cleaning it the first time. Wow. the build-up just fell off. Hats off to the guys at silencerco for a great design and a silencer that will outlast me.

I fully plan to put 52,000 rounds per year down the hole of this baby. Being solid Stainless I doubt that I will have any problems, will keep you guys posted.

I First tried the regular solvents, IE hopps #9. that did nothing , then I found out that vinegar eats lead, So I soaked the parts in straight white vinegar, which loosened the lead. 15 min later and the silencer looked new inside.

So i just took it apart for the second time, however, I coated the internals with TC Bore Butter after cleaning it the first time. Wow.

Kind of interesting, that straight vinegar loosened the lead. BTW, congrats on the can. :)

Just be aware that the vinegar turns the lead into lead acetate (colourless white solid with a slight odour of ethanoic acid) which is NASTY STUFF!!! so do that outside and with gloves on! I would also be careful as I know it does not do anything to stainless steel, but no idea on other metals. Also now I have to take the TC Bore butter off before the vinegar dip. Im using a soak in non-chlorinated brake cleaner for that.

No need to boil them. A little heat does help, tho. Put the solution and item to be cleaned in a glass jar, set it on your bench and put a lamp next to it so the heat from the light bulb warms the solution.
Use an incandescent bulb, not a crappy Al Gore CFL bulb. You'll get more heat and be able to see what you're doing.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top