JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey, are the Sig Sauer P220 any good? is it a reliable and dependable pistol? I have been reading mixed reviews about it. And quite a few people says that P220s are Junk. and some said it's a good Pistol. I was Planning on getting the P220 Elite Dark but I wanted to make sure that it's a good reliable and dependable gun first before I spend the money on it. anyone who's got an experience on Sig P220, I will really appreciate it if you guys can tell me more about Sig P220s.

Thank you..

Sigs are reliable accurate and all around great guns. Here is mine and I carry it a lot never have had a problem with it or other 220's that I have owned. To **** and back reliability and I believe it. You can't go wrong with a 220 or a sig for that matter.

sigp2202.jpg

I have a P220R (manufactured in 2008 or 2009). Love it, and it's durable. I had to get the SRT trigger for my short fingers to actually reach the trigger, but otherwise it's stock. The only crankiness I've encountered with it is the magazines like ammo on the shorter side. Rarely have a problem with factory ammo, and once I adjusted my reloads to not be a max COAL, it's been all good. (I keep them about 1.260" in stead of 1.275".) But the gun will eat any .45ACP I can get to fit in the mag.

Don't own a P220 myself but I get to shoot my friend's P220ST and it is a great gun. The gun is built like a tank but cycles smoother than silk. Only complaint I have is that for a such a large gun, it only holds 8+1 but I guess I can say that about alot of .45s.

Hey, are the Sig Sauer P220 any good? is it a reliable and dependable pistol? I have been reading mixed reviews about it. And quite a few people says that P220s are Junk. and some said it's a good Pistol. I was Planning on getting the P220 Elite Dark but I wanted to make sure that it's a good reliable and dependable gun first before I spend the money on it. anyone who's got an experience on Sig P220, I will really appreciate it if you guys can tell me more about Sig P220s.

Thank you..

Oh, ABSOLUTELY!

My son waited for about four years to get one...saved up his money, found a good one at the Puyallup gun show, had me look it over and once the deal was done, the gun went back to Sig for a factory check and it came back with a clean bill of health.

That pistol is tough, reliable and accurate. He doesn't get to shoot it as much as he would like to, but he is getting competent with it.

His does NOT have that annoying accessory rail on the front of the frame. He hates those things and so do I.

The P220s that I have fired...and that's a bunch because of what I do for a living...have all been reliable. They feed all kinds of ammunition without a hiccup. IMHO, they are top of the line for a d/a .45-caliber pistol.

Of course, I carry a Commander or a Street Deuce from Oly Arms..

What email did you use to register on the sigforums?
Tried 3 so far and all have been denied.

I got a 220 a few weeks ago, still haven't made it to the range yet with it.
A lot of dry fire though, great trigger.
Its an older Sig, J6 date code, 1986.
Looks to have around 3 -4 K through it. maybe more.
From the holster wear it looks to have been a left hand duty gun.
A couple of small spots of rust that ya have to look for to see, who ever owned it before me took very good care of it.
The Sig lights still work too, not bright anymore but still glow.
Box n manual for $450.
I don't know the history of it so I will just respring it and call it good.

Ok wood grips and the .22 conversion kit and its good.

I normally pack an FNP45 in a Crossbreed and carried the sig in it's rig for a bit.
The Sig will be my next EDC

I just picked up a used P220 a few weeks ago. The previous owner took exceptional care of it and it looked brand new. I also own a P229 and P226. After only two shooting sessions, I have found the P220 to be my most accurate pistol. It is an amazing shooter. All of my Sig's have been exceptionally reliable with anything I feed them. The fit and finish have all been first rate. I have never heard anyone that I trusted regarding firearms ever describe a P220 or Sigs in general as "junk". The Dark Elite model has adjustable night sights and the aluminum grips are great. Good luck with your search for a new firearm.

The only problem I have ever had with my sig was truly just break in and then it ran fine....I put in a new extractor and the first 200 rds some did not want to feed (old style extractor). after that it ran fine

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top