JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Guys,

I need some help.

I went to the Albany gun show today. I hooked up with JC and Coctailer and got myself a long awaited SIG P229R and a Glock 19 (to replace one that I sold).

The SIG was in .357 caliber. I wanted a .40 but JC didn't have one on hand. JC said I could order a .40 barrel and swap it out....having two guns in one.

When I got home I prepared to clean/oil the gun but I think I may have made a mistake?

Is there a way to tell if the SIG is DA/SA, DAK or DAO? I wanted a DA/SA...but I think this may be a DAK gun...which I don't want.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

the click that you feel is what is called the reset point. to better under stand this you should manipulate the gun as if it fired when you pull the trigger

remove the mag so the slide won't lock back AND be sure it is empty

1. rack the as if you were cambering a round

2. decock as if it were going in a holster

3. point it at a target and pull the trigger ( hold the trigger all the way back)

4. BANG at this piont you'll have to rack the slide as if the bullet was doing the work.

5. now slowly let the trigger forward it will reset about half way ( the hammer will still be back Ala single action)

Congratulations on a good choice

note: the sights aren't the same on the .40 and the .357 so your bullets will hit different places because these bullets have different flight patterns about 2" high or low at 30 feet one uses a #8 front sight and one uses a #6 Fortunatly you can get a #7 fornt sight from SIG and you'll only be off an inch

one more note: use a small amount of white lithium grease on the frame rails of your new aluminum framed gun and it will last forever if you don't it may suffer from premature frame wear.

Ok guys,

So I "almost" got the gun I wanted. I need to get a new .40 barrel, and now I need new sights to hit zero.

Thanks to "buick455" I find I need different # sights, but I can't find any information on-line as to which sights I need...going from a .357 to .40.

So where can I buy replacement sights and is there a local gunsmith you can recommend to have existing sights replaced? The gun came with night sights, but I don't like them....any other options?

Please forgive me if I step on any toes but when I switch the G22 from 40 to 9 (Lone Wolf 40-9 conversion barrel) it shoots point of aim for both rounds. Now I don't have the 40-.357 conversion barrel so I don't have any experience but I'd actually get the 40 barrel and shoot it first before getting different sights. This is only my opinion so good luck,
Mike

Now that it is new, you may also consider replacing the standard trigger with a Short Reset Trigger. You can get a kit including a sear and a safety lever. You can do it at any point during the life of your firearm but may cost you a bit more later, for it is recommended to also replace the hammer and sear in tandem. Here is an example of where you can get it.

Now that it is new, you may also consider replacing the standard trigger with a Short Reset Trigger. You can get a kit including a sear and a safety lever. You can do it at any point during the life of your firearm but may cost you a bit more later, for it is recommended to also replace the hammer and sear in tandem. Here is an example of where you can get it.

+1 on that, I have put the SRT kit in all of my Sigs, makes a huge difference. Fairly easy to install as well.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews