JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm having a difficult time actually going through with the PSA .308 ar15. I can't seem to find good reviews, but then again most of the negative ones come from people who didn't realize the uppers and lowers were proprietary and tried to build them with mix matched bubblegum. I tend to spend a loooooong time reading up on stuff before laying my money down and the time restraint of this sale rushed that just a tiny bit, haha.
I have a gen1 PSA PA-10 and love it. It hits the 550 yard gong at my local range without issue using 147 gr NATO ammo. Im sure it would do farther but that's the max distance at my range. I did put a geisselle SSA-E tigger in it but for under $600 shipped you can't beat that with a stick.
As for AK vs. AR in a SHTF scenario, I would go AK. The rifle has been proven over the last 6+ decades to just work. In a SHTF scenario, you're not worried about 600 yards or tacticool features or this and that. You need something that works every time. I have a WASR with 1000's of rounds through it and wouldn't hesitate to grab it. In fact I would take it over almost every other rifle in the safe, and it's configured as it rolled out of the factory. Actually that's not quite true, it has a slide fire on it at the moment....

(Another bump for PSA inbound)....PSA has their AK's for $500 shipped right now. I would love to get one of those as well as another PA-10 but one only has so much money and I have a harley to pay off.....

I have a gen1 PSA PA-10 and love it. It hits the 550 yard gong at my local range without issue using 147 gr NATO ammo. Im sure it would do farther but that's the max distance at my range. I did put a geisselle SSA-E tigger in it but for under $600 shipped you can't beat that with a stick.
As for AK vs. AR in a SHTF scenario, I would go AK. The rifle has been proven over the last 6+ decades to just work. In a SHTF scenario, you're not worried about 600 yards or tacticool features or this and that. You need something that works every time. I have a WASR with 1000's of rounds through it and wouldn't hesitate to grab it. In fact I would take it over almost every other rifle in the safe, and it's configured as it rolled out of the factory. Actually that's not quite true, it has a slide fire on it at the moment....

(Another bump for PSA inbound)....PSA has their AK's for $500 shipped right now. I would love to get one of those as well as another PA-10 but one only has so much money and I have a harley to pay off.....
Preach on my brother. That's a good post right there.

Generally Serbian (formerly Yugoslavian) Zastava firearms are well made. I've never owned a Romanian gun, you have to hand pick to get a good one. Canted sights, magazine well cutout issues, the barrel,.. If you're ordering one and can't inspect it first, my vote goes to the NPAP.

I was looking at a Q.C. inspected WASR from Atlantic Firearms. Or Rich' s Gun Shop has them, and all their guns come with a lifetime warranty from them, with a gunsmith on site. If I get any WASR, that's the route I'm going.

I'd kind of like a VEPR in 7.62x54r, but I think I waited too long on that one - the price jumped up beyond what I'm willing to spend, when you can even find them.

FWIW there is a black Arsenal AK in 7.62x54r at Nopp's Pawn Shop in downtown Salem for $1000. They are retiring/closing the business end of September and all prices are highly negotiable, 20%-40% off. Nice people, reputable shop, longtime fixture in the downtown community. The gun looks clean.

FWIW there is a black Arsenal AK in 7.62x54r at Nopp's Pawn Shop in downtown Salem for $1000. They are retiring/closing the business end of September and all prices are highly negotiable, 20%-40% off. Nice people, reputable shop, longtime fixture in the downtown community. The gun looks clean.

Thanks for the heads-up, but unfortunately I don't have the $$, even if it could be negotiated down - unless they'd take $40 and a box of CCI Mini Mags :rolleyes: I'm sure that would be a good find for someone though.

Wow you are willing to trade a box of CCI Mini Mags? The shop is really getting a GREAT deal; those things stop Grizzlies dead in their tracks with a single shot to the head! :rolleyes:;):p

I've heard good things about the Arsenal AK's - never owned one, but if I got one in 7.62x54r, that sounds like the right one.

How often does small arms combat happen at 600 yards? Not possible where I live. I would need to get out of a city before I worried about that.

One cannot suppose that the current landscape will be the same in a PSHTF/PROL environment; buildings will be gone or have large holes in them, small patches of woods will be cleared, dams and leveys broken, or main avenues will be blocked, etc.

"Suffice to say" why put a limit on your capabilities from the start...?

Well if anyone is curious what I ended up doing: Palmetto State had a weekend deal and I jumped on it. Got an AR15 and their gen 2 AK47 for $450 each. A few hundred over my original budget but this will help outfit other family members with a very shooter friendly rifle in the ar15 platform, should need ever arise in a SHTF scenario. (God forbid)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top