JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
O
@GnomishPride Since it appears you're open to other than AK's, and you want .30 cal - you can get an AR in .308 for darn close to your budget through Palmetto State Armory - either buy the upper and lower separate, or a complete rifle. They have a fully built .308 right now for $699 - which is a great price on an AR in .308 (that price is today only) They also have a complete lower for $179 and a complete upper with BCG for $399 - that's only $578!! (plus shipping and transfer, of course), for a complete .308 AR

Here are the links for the today-only prices I noted:

PSA Gen2 PA10 18" Mid-Length .308 WIN Stainless Steel Lightweight M-Lok Rifle with ACS-L & Overmolded Grip - 516446798

PSA Gen2 PA-10 MOE EPT Lower With Overmolded Grip - 516446483

PSA Gen2 PA10 18" Midlength .308 WIN 1:10 Stainless Steel 15" M-lok Upper - with BCG and CH -516446791

Oh my. I may just get that one for 699. 500 bucks off is no joke.

I had a WASR for many years and it had *zero* problems. I used to shoot it offhand at 100 yards with pretty good minute of man accuracy. The Tapco G2 trigger is fantastic. $10 for 40 rounds of 7.62x39 at Walmart isn't bad either. I kind of wish I hadn't sold it, but too late now.

I've been eyeballing the NPAP also (I do wish the OPAP w/ RPK receiver were still available for cheap). From what I understand, the bolt carrier assembly and bolt of the NPAP are chrome (?) plated for wear and it also has a last round hold-open feature if you buy the Yugo mags. It can also be held open manually by using the safety selector, which is pretty cool. It does not have a chrome lined barrel like the WASR, so you'll have to be more diligent about cleaning, however, the NPAP barrel is cold-hammer forged, which is more accurate than a button rifled barrel (in theory at least).

I've heard the comb on the NPAP stock can be unpleasant for some. I initially thought the WASR was pretty unpleasant also, but I had developed a way of holding it to minimize bruising on my lower jaw. If I ever get another AK47 I'm going to use a neoprene sock on the buttstock to minimize the pimp-slap.

If the SHTF, there is no question in my mind I reach for my AR15, which is softer shooting, more accurate, and ergonomically superior in every way. Plus I can pass ammo back and forth with my compatriots, and share spare parts. However, something about AK's always draws me back: some kind of primeval, primitive wickedness about them.. Maybe it's the stories I hear from the guys coming back home from the Middle East, or maybe because I'm a history buff, but there's always room for an AK in my safe.

I've heard the comb on the NPAP stock can be unpleasant for some. I initially thought the WASR was pretty unpleasant also, but I had developed a way of holding it to minimize bruising on my lower jaw. If I ever get another AK47 I'm going to use a neoprene sock on the buttstock to minimize the pimp-slap.
but there's always room for an AK in my safe.
The thing is that the AK is different from the AR. You ever go to a range and see how people stand when shooting a pistol? There are a lot of people that stand either leaned back or just straight up and down. If they were to lean forward some they would shoot better. It's just physics.

The AK is very similar for most people who shoot an AR and then try to apply the same stance on the AK. Hence the cheek slap. I ask would you stand and shoot a 30-06 the same as a 10/22?
I will just show you a link of someone else that can demonstrate what I am trying to say. You will appreciate it more after you watch.

Last Edited:
They are a higher dollar option, but the Vepr AK in .308 might be worth a look as well. I have the 7.62x39 which I think is my favorite rifle.

I'd kind of like a VEPR in 7.62x54r, but I think I waited too long on that one - the price jumped up beyond what I'm willing to spend, when you can even find them.

I'm having a difficult time actually going through with the PSA .308 ar15. I can't seem to find good reviews, but then again most of the negative ones come from people who didn't realize the uppers and lowers were proprietary and tried to build them with mix matched bubblegum. I tend to spend a loooooong time reading up on stuff before laying my money down and the time restraint of this sale rushed that just a tiny bit, haha.

I'm having a difficult time actually going through with the PSA .308 ar15. I can't seem to find good reviews, but then again most of the negative ones come from people who didn't realize the uppers and lowers were proprietary and tried to build them with mix matched bubblegum. I tend to spend a loooooong time reading up on stuff before laying my money down and the time restraint of this sale rushed that just a tiny bit, haha.

Just buy @WAYNO's NPap. Take the money saved and buy some ammo.

Run the tar out of it so you can handle it in near any and all circumstances.

Buy the .308 (any .308), and when will be able to afford to shoot it?

And then how much will you be able to shoot it?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top