JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's rimfire....

BFADACFE-AB05-4439-94DB-F3B2323C652D.jpeg

American Tactical Omni hybrid upper & lower.
Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40
Keymod hand guard by Midwest?
Core-15 barrel
CMMG stainless bolt
Forgot the rest....

Supposed to be a budget AR in .22 build

Love my stable of Ruger rimfires. Here some of them, with 17 rat guns first.

Ruger 77/17hmr with Jap Tasco 6X24X42
100_0032.jpg

Ruger 10/22 mag 17hmr conversion with Jap Tasco 6X18X40
Ruger10-17.jpg

10/22 Clerke barrel, Evolution stock, Simmons 22mag scope
ruger10.jpg

10/22 Truck gun, walnut....
Ruger22.jpg

Ruger 77/22 mag with 3X9 Leupold
Ruger7722.jpg

I had always wanted a stainless bull barrel 10/22 and when I found out Ruger was going to discontinue making them like this I had to buy one. Since they are discontinued and Sportsman had so many in stock I was able to secure a pretty good deal on this one. Darker stock than I would typically pick out, but it looks pretty sharp with a Sightron SII 6-24x mil dot scope on it.

DSC_8955.JPG

Not a comment directly on SIG34's post, but I always find pictures of targets without the range specified to be particularly useless - 50 feet or 500 yards - it makes a difference.

rqnBE4w.jpg
  • Springfield Armory M1922M2
  • Mossberg 44 U.S.
  • Remington 513-T
  • Harrington & Richardson M12

7UNaFzA.jpg
  • CZ 452 Scout with Simmons .22 MAG 3-9x32mm Adjustable Objective Rimfire Riflescope
  • Winchester 9422 (1997) with vintage Weaver scope
  • Winchester 9422 (1985)

jc45ClV.jpg
  • Remington Nylon 66 with Simmons 22 MAG 3-9X32 Rimfire Rifle Scope
  • Ithaca X5 Lightning with Simmons .22 MAG 3-9x32mm Adjustable Objective Rimfire Riflescope
  • Marlin Model 60 with Simmons .22 MAG 3-9x32mm Adjustable Objective Rimfire Riflescope
It has the combination of a 22" barrel, 17-round magazine, and last shot hold open that was made for only a few years in the mid 1980s. Earlier models lacked the last shot hold open feature, later models have a 14-round magazine, and then a few years later the barrel was shortened to 19" to match the shorter magazine.​

lo8Po36.jpg
American Tactical Imports (GSG) STG-44

QtuJsAI.jpg
  • Smith & Wesson Performance Center M&P 15-22 Sport with Nikon ProStaff Rimfire II 3-9x40 Matte BDC Riflescope
  • Ruger Precision Rimfire Rifle with Nikon 4-12x40 BDC Reticle Riflescope

yesss that's a Trijicon Accupoint 5x20 in a Larue Qd Mount on a $200 savage haha
These little savages are the most expensive $200 rifles you can buy....I only spent $60 on a BSA Sweet22 and its actually a great little scope that I have no interest in replacing anytime soon, but that darn muzzle!
I bought my FV-SR 3 Christmas' ago and the threaded barrel hounded me every day. I figured a Silencerco Spectre II ought to shut it up.. or at least quiet it down a little. Job done!
With Aguila Super Colibri ammo the sound of trigger pull is louder than the report.
Seriously.... buying this rifle is what put me on the path to go suppressed so it's costed me well over 2gs between the Spectre, and my Hybrid 46, accessories, stamps, and all the other expenses.
E304B722-1D54-4D9C-AF36-9C693D346B09.jpeg 8803DC5A-3679-40BA-9EFA-1B520D65FBF4.jpeg

***Pro tip*** the fvsr's stock has no comb to get you face up to scope level. instead of spending $150 on a new stock.. get yourself a Choate cheek riser. they are only like $12 new.. payed $2 at a gun show for mine, and drove in self tapping screw to hold it on... it's held up for hundreds of rounds and all kinds of travel abuse. 9846CA15-31A1-4C99-8E0A-9D664906CDD1.jpeg

Last Edited:
In a different thread about vintage Weaver scopes I gave a small glimpse of this rifle. @tac asked for more pics and I thought it would be appropriate to place it here.
I've talked a time or two about this gun. The first firearm I ever shot at age 5. I remember when I was smaller begging Dad to shorten the stock so I could shoot it properly. Dad, an ex NRA Instructor would have nothing to do with that (Whew!) and drilled trigger control into my brain.
Grandpa bought this in the 40's sometime, I believe, and Dad carried with him while manning Bedford Point Lookout east of Estacada 1948-50. When I was in high school I sanded it down and gave the stock a good coat of Vari-thane (It's a lot like the Browning "bowling ball" finish without quite the shine). When I did I was careful not to obliterate the writing I found under the butt plate noting Dad's name and Bedford Point LO. About 15 years ago I replaced, but kept, the original mount and 3/4" tube Weaver scope because it wasn't as clear as it used to be. Shortly after that Dad wanted it back, so you know where it went.
I carried and shot the living crap out of this gun in my teens. It's incredibly accurate and is the only .22 I ever used to take a flying bird with a rifle. After Dad passed away a few years ago I took it out to shoot and only shot two rounds. Both of them impacting the center of a small dot on a Campbell's soup can at 25yds offhand. It's been doing that for darn near 70 years. I can attest to 50 of those.
Has very little monetary value, but I'll bet my two nephews, who Dad also taught to shoot with it, will be fighting over it when I let it go.
That won't happen for a very long time.
81DL a.JPG 81DL d.JPG 81DL b.JPG 81DL c.JPG