JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The only .22 handgun I have left. I let all the .22 revolvers go.
Times change. I decided a I wanted .22 revolvers after all. But not expensive ones this time. So I bought these:

Harrington & Richardson Model 929, made in 1956.
P7170034.JPG

New England Firearms Model R92, made in 1998.
PC260326.JPG

I've discovered that I don't require expensive guns to have shooting fun.

Times change. I decided a I wanted .22 revolvers after all. But not expensive ones this time. So I bought these:

Harrington & Richardson Model 929, made in 1956.
View attachment 1818482

New England Firearms Model R92, made in 1998.
View attachment 1818483

I've discovered that I don't require expensive guns to have shooting fun.
22 pistols, and revolvers, ARE the definition of "shooting fun"!

Joe

20211102_202104.jpg 20211102_202048.jpg 20211102_201835.jpg

That .22 frame size and grip style was +/- popular in the 1930's-early 1940's. H&R made their Trapper model on this line, which I think was made up to a few years after the war. The earlier ones had wooden grips, the later ones plastic.

Third picture, Iver Johnson Target Sealed 8?
Yes. Unfortunately, she has some problems...
Last outing, the hammer started failing to stay cocked. Cylinder doesn't fully advance, and you have to make sure it is locked before firing.
Just seems to be pretty worn.
Grips looked to be home made, but I did find one at a show that were the same.
Just an old orphan from my father.

Joe

Yes. Unfortunately, she has some problems...
Last outing, the hammer started failing to stay cocked. Cylinder doesn't fully advance, and you have to make sure it is locked before firing.
Just seems to be pretty worn.
Grips looked to be home made, but I did find one at a show that were the same.
Just an old orphan from my father.
Parts for the IJ can probably be gotten. From Numrich, or maybe from watching Gunbroker for parts "kits," that is to say, from the firms that disassemble guns taken in by police departments for destruction. The kits consist of complete guns, minus frames so you'd probably get all the small pieces that you needed. Hopefully, they wouldn't be as worn as what you've already got!

I'm pretty sure those wooden grips are factory IJ. Both the IJ and H&R design grips on these override the back strap of the frame. These were made at a time when revolvers ruled the Bull's Eye shooting world. They were inexpensive revolvers that were capitalizing on the look and even a little bit of the feel of more costly guns. Of course a better grip even on an inexpensive gun is a plus for whatever purpose it's being put to.

I own many 22lr pistols and revolvers & 10-22 rifles 7 that come to mind
Had a co worker ask me the other day how many .22's I own. I had to think about it for a while. Turns out its 10! :eek:
8 pistols and 2 long guns. After I first answered I kept remembering another till I finally got to the total. Part of that is the way its no longer worth selling anything and part of it is the damn things tend to be so much fun to play with.

Had a co worker ask me the other day how many .22's I own. I had to think about it for a while. Turns out its 10! :eek:
8 pistols and 2 long guns. After I first answered I kept remembering another till I finally got to the total. Part of that is the way its no longer worth selling anything and part of it is the damn things tend to be so much fun to play with.
"Those are rookie numbers. You gotta pump those numbers up"
LOLz

Joe

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA