JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
D2939936-ABA9-46B1-971C-F46E396E7345.JPG
Rugers 10/22
Red field 3x9
CCI Stingers
Levitating ammo card

I'm missing something out here - so many of you have new guns, or even older guns, that you just don't seem to be in any kind of a hurry to shoot - if at all. Why is that?

I'm reading a good few 'I've had it a while, but have yet to take it out...'. Sorry, guys, I just don't understand it, except that it probably because you have so many other guns to shoot meanwhile, right?

Well, I have just nineteen, but by golly I have to SHOW that I use 'em all. I've mentioned it before, but here it's a case of 'use 'em or lose 'em.'

tac

I'm missing something out here - so many of you have new guns, or even older guns, that you just don't seem to be in any kind of a hurry to shoot - if at all. Why is that?

I'm reading a good few 'I've had it a while, but have yet to take it out...'. Sorry, guys, I just don't understand it, except that it probably because you have so many other guns to shoot meanwhile, right?

Well, I have just nineteen, but by golly I have to SHOW that I use 'em all. I've mentioned it before, but here it's a case of 'use 'em or lose 'em.'

tac
I'm at 44 firearms now , have to be selective in what I take to the range. Gotta get all the hunting rifles sited in and then I can get the just for fun guns out there. But I will get em out there:D

if you knew how many I had that have never been shot except at the factory you might have an aneurism:eek:. some I have had over a decade(s). I work overseas and my time stateside is limited so shooting isn't the most important thing to get done while home though I do get some in.

That your CZ?

Yep, that's the CZ-527 7.62x39 I know it doesn't match up with most on here.
But it does take that round and make it surprisingly accurate. There are other rifles here, 700Rem 7mm Mag, 30.06 stuff but
this is just nice to shoot. Its more of a medium range rifle. But was drinking coffee and thought the old girl need some lime light LOL

Yep, that's the CZ-527 7.62x39 I know it doesn't match up with most on here.
But it does take that round and make it surprisingly accurate. There are other rifles here, 700Rem 7mm Mag, 30.06 stuff but
this is just nice to shoot. Its more of a medium range rifle. But was drinking coffee and thought the old girl need some lime light LOL

Beautiful!! Something about a wood stock that still makes a rifle sexy!

tac

Well, daddy day care takes up a good bit of my free time in the summer. Back to work teaching here in a couple weeks. Add to this that the range is about a 45 minute drive away, and it leads to a lot more tinkering than actual shooting.
When I get a free hour in the evening, it's easy to head out to the shop and build or tinker, but it takes a planned three or four hours to get to the range. But there is hope for later today!

DBC3137F-96BF-4C8A-A7B8-33E165A01B8A.jpeg I have an affinity for .257 caliber cartridges and my favorite is the 250 Savage Ackley Improved. Accuracy, efficinancy and in general a cartridge made for beautiful little rifles. This little gem, a Dakota model 97 Hunter, will shoot 1/2" 5 shot groups with it's favorite loads. It does so with very little recoil and a lot of class. And by the way I shoot this rifle a lot. Both for Deer with 100 grain Nosler Ballistic tips and varmints with 75 grain V-Max bullets.

View attachment 487173 I have an affinity for .257 caliber cartridges and my favorite is the 250 Savage Ackley Improved. Accuracy, efficinancy and in general a cartridge made for beautiful little rifles. This little gem, a Dakota model 97 Hunter, will shoot 1/2" 5 shot groups with it's favorite loads. It does so with very little recoil and a lot of class. And by the way I shoot this rifle a lot. Both for Deer with 100 grain Nosler Ballistic tips and varmints with 75 grain V-Max bullets.

Beautiful........

tac

View attachment 487173 I have an affinity for .257 caliber cartridges and my favorite is the 250 Savage Ackley Improved. Accuracy, efficinancy and in general a cartridge made for beautiful little rifles. This little gem, a Dakota model 97 Hunter, will shoot 1/2" 5 shot groups with it's favorite loads. It does so with very little recoil and a lot of class. And by the way I shoot this rifle a lot. Both for Deer with 100 grain Nosler Ballistic tips and varmints with 75 grain V-Max bullets.

Love that stock, nice rifle

Went to the range with the big red b*tch today.

Results dictate that factory PPU will hold around an inch through the rifle at 100 yards. Nothing worth posting pictures of.

Pretty sure to get anything better out of a 6.5x55, I will need to build up a hand load. Need to go buy some projectiles. Have powders to try, brass and primers galore. But no projectiles. That first paycheck of the year will feel especially sweet...

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top