JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A (so far) unfired Tikka 595 Master Sporter in .308, topped with a Burris Black Diamond 8X-32X. It'll be shot if I can avoid the usual medical malfunctions long enough to get the range.

IMG_2566.JPG IMG_2567.JPG IMG_2568.JPG IMG_2569.JPG

Savage Model 10T .308

APA little bastard Gen 1
Accutac SR5 Bipod
Seekins 2.5" rail
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50
Leupold PRW Medium
EGW 20 MOA rail
Cerekote and muzzle break by JBRC in Vancouver, Wa IMG_4810.jpg IMG_4830.jpg
close uo.jpg

E5493455-0993-41AA-A0D6-5944EC1FE82D.jpeg Just put this together. Cheap truck gun.
Howa 1500 20 inch 308
Choate tactical stock
Egw 20 moa base.
Athlon Midas 2.5-15
Into it altogether for 850. Heavy little bugger, comes in at 11.5 pounds.

I figured there would be more 6.5 creedmoor's listed in this thread. Been thinking about buying one myself. I'll keep it simple of course. Doesn't need to be extravagant or expensive to shoot well either.

Wheres the .338 L.M. luvin!
A 2014 Accuracy International 1/9 twist 30'' barrel making 3000 FPS with 300 Gr bronze solids! 1/4MOA natural dispersion out beyond 2200 meters! Gets it done with no worries! Schmidt and Bender 3.5X15X50 and Factory Suppressor! Took over a year from order to shipment, and the suppressor took another 8 months!:eek:
Was well worth the wait! Next to my TRG, this thing can shoot!:D:D:D
274324.jpg

My first gunsmith project:
Rem 700 action
.30 1:11.25 Green mountain barrel blank
PTG Tactical Match .308 chamber
Grayboe Renegade stock (Bedded)
SWFA SS 10x scope

Exceptional 3 shot 100yd groups
Usually can produce .800 5 shot groups but sometimes they open up a lot. All firing done from prone with bipod and rear bag.

Tomorrow I am going to find out how my .243 project groups.

20180112_212529.jpg 20180621_143534.jpg 20180619_122739.jpg

Last Edited:
OK, TRG .300 Win Mag Greatness!
Where to begin? Factory stock has been filled and glassed in, Mono pod added and cheek riser converted to Masterclass with star adjuster and lock, Masterclass/Anchutz adjustable butt and rail for cant, cast off, and height also has a trick hand made kidex wrap on the stocks toe! Trick Sinclare cheek riser, and bolt stop! ACIS Mag conversion, Factory Sako adjustable two stage trigger, Cold Shot Scope base with zero to 40 MOA, NightForce Beast 5X25X56 Mil-rad with zerostop! anti cant bubble, Factory bipod and stabilizer mod with barrel tension adjustable stock mods internally in the barrel channel! This rifle is a beast, shoots as good as she looks and makes me look like a super star when I'm more like average good! This is the rifle all others are judged against, most fail to even come close!

3386.jpg

Where to begin? Factory stock has been filled and glassed in, Mono pod added and cheek riser converted to Masterclass with star adjuster and lock, Masterclass/Anchutz adjustable butt and rail for cant, cast off, and height also has a trick hand made kidex wrap on the stocks toe! Trick Sinclare cheek riser, and bolt stop! ACIS Mag conversion, Factory Sako adjustable two stage trigger, Cold Shot Scope base with zero to 40 MOA, NightForce Beast 5X25X56 Mil-rad with zerostop! anti cant bubble, Factory bipod and stabilizer mod with barrel tension adjustable stock mods internally in the barrel channel! This rifle is a beast, shoots as good as she looks and makes me look like a super star when I'm more like average good! This is the rifle all others are judged against, most fail to even come close!

View attachment 487020
I am curious what did you fill the stock with?

Marine glass and epoxy!
Roughed the stock up with needle scaler and made a sort of mold out of lexan and masking tape, turned the stock upside down and filled and let cure for a week! lots of sanding and grinding!

View attachment 487020

Brother you got to much time and money on your hands. Share the wealth. :p:D

Ok, Last one! Back in the day, This was the .308 all others wanted to beat but couldn't! A Steyr SSG, still one of the sweetest shooting .308s out there, but time marches on, and the rest of the gun makers figured out how to make a good rifle! LOL Now you can by a Tikka for half what this rifle cost and shoot better thanks to the better barrels and optics and new bullets! Still, this old girl can shoot!
4858c71e9e2b45323538692057e1a939--steyr-sniper-rifles.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top