JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A friend of mine bought the .45acp version, when we at the gun store he asked the guy behind the counter if the were any good, the guy said they were alright, that it would work for a night stand gun, if he didn't go put a thousand rounds thru it. But my buddy went and got a thousand rounds and put it thru it and it turn into a pump handgun, because he had to cock it every time he want it to shoot, it was worn to crap, the slide rattled, it sounded like something was rattling around in it, he ended up pawning it. I think Hawkers locker gave him 70$. It was only a $99 dollar gun, but garbage after 1000rds!?!?

From what I keep reading if this really happened they (High Point) would have sent him a new one free. There are quite a few examples of people who abused one of these badly just to test this. All of them are claiming HP replaced the gun for free. If what your friend said was true I suspect the shop just sent it back and got a new in box one back to sell.

A friend of mine bought the .45acp version, when we at the gun store he asked the guy behind the counter if the were any good, the guy said they were alright, that it would work for a night stand gun, if he didn't go put a thousand rounds thru it. But my buddy went and got a thousand rounds and put it thru it and it turn into a pump handgun, because he had to cock it every time he want it to shoot, it was worn to crap, the slide rattled, it sounded like something was rattling around in it, he ended up pawning it. I think Hawkers locker gave him 70$. It was only a $99 dollar gun, but garbage after 1000rds!?!?

Should have just called Hi-Point, they have a lifetime warranty.

"Damage, age, and plain old wear and tear - these things happen. When they do, Hi-Point® customers enjoy a lifetime, no questions asked warranty. And lifetime means just that - free repairs for the life of the gun, whether you are the first owner, or the third."

"Damage, age, and plain old wear and tear - these things happen. When they do, Hi-Point® customers enjoy a lifetime, no questions asked warranty. And lifetime means just that - free repairs for the life of the gun, whether you are the first owner, or the third."

Gotta respect that, esp today.
Doesn't mean I'm going out and buy one;)

What can you expect out of a 99 dollar pistol?
Several decades ago I bought a Davis .380 like this. At that time we had no CC law in AZ. We could carry a pistol in the glove box though. I was at a shop and they had these for $55 new. So I thought why not and bought one. Tested it out with a few boxes and it always worked so in the glove box it went for about a decade. Now and then shot a mag or two through. When I moved back here it went in safe. Years later I sold it for almost twice what I paid for it. I have long said these pistols would be great for someone who has no gun and wants one for home. The kind of people living from pay day to pay day. Be better that hoping 911 would show up and these are not the kind of people who are going to be heading out to the range weekly. Something to have until they can save up for something better. If it was a choice between one of these and nothing? I would gladly have a High point over a 911 call.

Gotta respect that, esp today.
Doesn't mean I'm going out and buy one;)
They are ugly, heavy and you won't get any respect for owning one but they are made in the USA and have a fantastic warranty. I have also heard their customer service is top notch. I really don't understand why people hate on them so much. For the price, there really isn't a better deal.

From what I keep reading if this really happened they (High Point) would have sent him a new one free. There are quite a few examples of people who abused one of these badly just to test this. All of them are claiming HP replaced the gun for free. If what your friend said was true I suspect the shop just sent it back and got a new in box one back to sell.
You doubt?
Yep just love to lie about hi-points, that's what I live for. Joking. Ya it happened, why in the shat would someone want another of the same gun that was garbage after 1000rds?!?!?! Only a dimwit.

Nobody should buy a piece of shat because of the warranty.....
I can take a shat in a box and put a warranty on the outside of the box, because I know im selling you a piece of shat. I have spare time.

You doubt?
Yep just love to lie about hi-points, that's what I live for. Joking. Ya it happened, why in the shat would someone want another of the same gun that was garbage after 1000rds?!?!?! Only a dimwit.

Nobody should buy a piece of shat because of the warranty.....
I can take a shat in a box and put a warranty on the outside of the box, because I know im selling you a piece of shat. I have spare time.
Not doubting you, just saying he should have called hi-point, got it fixed for free then sold it for a couple more dollars. It's got a great warranty, why not use it.

Don't have one don't want one but, before all the reviews are gone ....

Talk about a torture test -- he didn't just shoot it, he shot it.

Yeah, watch it again. Notice how the "gun" didn't go right into battery a few times, the slide got hung up for a second.

My opinion is simple. They are a lazy/poorly engineered, chunky, heavy cheap throw away. I'm not desperate enough to give them a second look. Like the Harbor Freight of the gun world. With the same "guarantee". :rolleyes:

Yeah, watch it again. Notice how the "gun" didn't go right into battery a few times, the slide got hung up for a second.

My opinion is simple. They are a lazy/poorly engineered, chunky, heavy cheap throw away. I'm not desperate enough to give them a second look. Like the Harbor Freight of the gun world. With the same "guarantee". :rolleyes:

But did you also see what he did to that gun in the video? I mean, almost any gun is going to have some problems with that torture. I think for what they are, if that is all you can afford, it's better than nothing. I owned one for several years and never had a single problem with it. Again, they are ugly and heavy but it always went bang when I pulled the trigger.

But did you also see what he did to that gun in the video? I mean, almost any gun is going to have some problems with that torture. I think for what they are, if that is all you can afford, it's better than nothing. I owned one for several years and never had a single problem with it. Again, they are ugly and heavy but it always went bang when I pulled the trigger.

Watch starting at 4:02. That was before any torture tests.

ok so what other brand new pistol could you get for less than $150 with a lifetime warranty from a company with a rep for great customer service?

Did you watch it starting at 4:02?
And to answer you, you can't. I get that. But just because they sell them cheap doesn't make them a good reliable option for people.

For another $70 you can grab a SD9VE. By no means the greatest gun out there, but MUCH better than a HP.

And in today's world, you can't even buy a cell phone for $150, yet I see virtually EVERYONE with a smartphone. So I don't think we need to argue about what people can "afford".

Did you watch it starting at 4:02?
And to answer you, you can't. I get that. But just because they sell them cheap doesn't make them a good reliable option for people.
If all you could afford was this or nothing, what would you choose? I made the choice when this was all I could afford and it served me well for a few years. Thankfully, I can afford much nicer things now and I no longer have use for anything hi-point.

It just amazes me how much hate hi-point gets. They serve a purpose and fill a price point. Such snobbery. :p:p:D:D

If all you could afford was this or nothing, what would you choose? I made the choice when this was all I could afford and it served me well for a few years. Thankfully, I can afford much nicer things now and I no longer have use for anything hi-point.

It just amazes me how much hate hi-point gets. They serve a purpose and fill a price point. Such snobbery. :p:p:D:D

Nah, they're just a cheap poorly thought out gun that has REALLY questionable reliability. And other options can be had for a little more than skipping Starbucks for a week or so.

Watch starting at 4:02. That was before any torture tests.

What is pretty hilarious is that it worked about as well before he shot it in the face, as afterward. Still, it worked, though if I had been him, I would have been pretty nervous about shooting it after it had been shot.

When I say he "shot the gun", for those who haven't watched, I mean he shot it with a different gun and it still ran. That isn't a torture test you usually see. (I still don't want one though)

Screenshot from 2018-03-27 21-36-55.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA

New Classified Ads

Back Top