JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I wanted a bullpup, I'd just buy a bullpup. Not like I did or anything... <|:•)

If hi-point decided to at least go double stacked magazines for the carbines I'd been more interested in one to be honest.

The proprietary mags has always been the one big thing holding them back. I know they did it for tooling cost at start up but, if they had made those things to take Glock mags? They would have had a hell of a chunk of the market.

:s0168:
unfortunately they were all out of Hi Point TEKMAT's:D

I'll add..

If I took the pic from a few feet back, it makes more sense that I have an AR15 TEKMAT..

View attachment 443817

I just got in to my local gun club :s0168:and with a Key to the gates and no outrageous daily fees like the county range.. I'll be doing a lot more shooting. so yesterday was spent cleaning, tweeking, and lubing, all my ARbage for the coming season.
Holy smokes I thought I was the only one that has a work bench that was a mess thanks for posting that picture

Holy smokes I thought I was the only one that has a work bench that was a mess thanks for posting that picture

LOL, my work space tends to get just like this all too often too. I will finally not be able to stand it, clean and organize. Then tell myself I am NOT going to let it get out of hand again. Then weeks later............................:)

LOL, my work space tends to get just like this all too often too. I will finally not be able to stand it, clean and organize. Then tell myself I am NOT going to let it get out of hand again. Then weeks later............................:)
Been there done that my friend ask me if I had a certain part lol I tell him give me a few days I know I have it I just have to find it lol

The proprietary mags has always been the one big thing holding them back. I know they did it for tooling cost at start up but, if they had made those things to take Glock mags? They would have had a hell of a chunk of the market.
IMHO, if someone has different rifles then proprietary mags should be the least of their concern. Just stack deep (if someone has an AK and an AR for example, why complain about it when neither share the same mags?). My issue is just single stack magazines in 9mm. While I have to go single stack for .45 ACP most of the time, I don't with 9mm.

IMHO, if someone has different rifles then proprietary mags should be the least of their concern. Just stack deep (if someone has an AK and an AR for example, why complain about it when neither share the same mags?). My issue is just single stack magazines in 9mm. While I have to go single stack for .45 ACP most of the time, I don't with 9mm.

That's what I mean, their proprietary mags were single stack 10 rounders. They did it to save on tooling costs since the lower was set up to run off the same line as the pistols. Those mags are what held them back even when they were selling for $150. If they already were making a handgun with double stack mags I could see them using the proprietary mags and still be fine. Since they were going to have to tool up to make a new lower using some common mag, ala Glock, would have been money in the bank. They would not have been able to make them fast enough. Water under the bridge now as the PCC market has really exploded. Some of the others do use Proprietary mags too, but they of course had enough sense to make them double stack mags. So far IMHO Ruger schooled them all with their design. One gun that can use multiple mags in such a simple design. Kel-Tec did this many years ago with their carbine but seemed to not advertise it well at all. I still to this day run across people who have one of the S2K's that are not Glock and the owners are shocked to find they can easily switch between 3 different kinds of mags in them.

That must be what Thanos carries-it has all the Infinity Stones imbedded in the side of it. :p
Ya pretty close!
C6C1DB92-CA0F-47A7-A467-6999CBB71876.jpeg CCD1CE46-6DD2-4F1D-B5AB-96FED67C1E9F.jpeg

Ya know... they just cant seem to keep the newly released 1095ts in stock at all.. its a 10mm carbine for under $400 msrp, with threaded barrel... there are practically no other 10mm carbines at the same price point... heck, most of what I can find for 10mm are more expensive than a budget AR :confused: (before then, it makes more sense to get a budget AR than a hi point carbine, other than the 9mm, and only because ya can find them for real cheap w cheap ammo lol )

If you want some real "fun" (read headache), paint and wrap a rifle to blend in with the surroudings and misplace it. While paint does go a long way for camo, breaking up any straight line will make it next to impossible to find when done properly.

No embarrassing story to it, was just a boring story of a friend and I using the woods in his backyard to test camo. Though I did almost give up after an hour and only found it by accident.

It does work, and paint alone is a huge improvement for camo. Most people aren't going to notice. I had a friend of mine try to find it when I showed him this thread on my phone, took him a while just to find it.

My father's .45acp pair. Neither has had a jam ever.
20161112_165409.jpg

And my 995 on the modified huge equipment bag; before ayone joke, no its not full of tools for the hi points :rolleyes:
20171107_104727.jpg
I find it interesting. The gear I have made for the Hi Point's Redball 20rd magazines, sold faster than the AR gear I made.. although, perhaps its because the Redball market is a niche whereas AR gear is basically the bread and butter of the tactical gear world.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top