JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
.243 Winchester rifles passed down from prior generations. Top is a rifle my dad put together for my grand-dad with a Herter's barreled action and stock blank. Bottom is my dad's pre-'64 Winchester Model 70 Featherweight.

243-1.JPG

I have 2, the Savage 99f in .308 dad bought new in 1957 and hunted with it until his eyesight gave out. also the first centerfire I ever shot. dad just turned 91
the 722 Remington in .257 Roberts my father in law found laying on a brush pile on a place they had bought over by Monument Or. it had spent at least one winter outside and looked awful. I had the metal parkerised and refinished the wood myself, she looks pretty presentable now. I don't know where these will go when I am gone.

.308 and .257 002.JPG

The Savage 99 is probably my favorite rifle I have a couple. And that's a pretty good story that goes along with the 722. I hope you have somebody that will appreciate them to pass them along to.

The Savage 99 is probably my favorite rifle I have a couple. And that's a pretty good story that goes along with the 722. I hope you have somebody that will appreciate them to pass them along to.
dad bought a second model 99 in the early '80s, a 99e in .243, once he got it home and carried it once or twice he found it to be heavier than his .308, and the maple stock was cheap looking so he put it away. I got that one from him also but had no emotional attachment to it so I sold it to a member here.

I have several family guns. My favorite is My Great Grandmothers pre war Walther PP in 32 cal.
The story is that her boyfriend left it at her house, and his wife would not let him go get it back!
She was one that could sew up a bullet hole and not ask questions. She was a young woman during prohibition era. DR

No one to pass them down to that has interest in guns. Therefore "live for the day" and enjoy them while we're here is all I can worry about.
You can "adopt" me. :)

I'm self sufficient, have a good job, pay my own bills, and would NEVER ask to "borrow some money". Heck, you wouldn't even have to get me a birthday present - OR - a Christmas present. EVER.

I would cherish every single one and pass along some good "stories" about each one of them.

:s0114:

Ithaca SKB900, 12ga., 2 3/4" chamber, modified choke. Dad used it extensively and passed it on to me years later. Super clean, looks new but almost nonfunctional. Cleaned it thoroughly, removing ancient hardened grease, and re-lubed it. Runs like a clock! Beautiful gold engraving on both sides of the receiver.

When I was young, it was the first shotgun I ever fired and it nearly knocked me over. After the above, I was astonished at how mild it is. I did add a rubber butt pad, not for recoil reduction but to add to the length of pull, as I'm 5' 16" tall. I'm a true shotgun neophyte but I'm delighted with it!

Now to try the Winchester 37A break-open 410 I bought him back when you could walk into any California hardware store, hand them $95 and walk out with it without any forms or waiting...

My older brother ended up with Dad's sporterized 30.06 Springfield rifle, 1870 Trapdoor (looks like new), two Smith & Wesson revolvers (.38 and .357), and Winchester auto .22 rifle. He's with Dad now. Don't know what happened to all those.

Shall I submit pictures?

Starting off the New Year with silly questions!:rolleyes:
Sorry for the delay - I'm at work, designing airborne camera systems that autonomously map out wildfire boundaries, find missing persons, and such. Gotta pay the bills! Will take the pictures when I get home. Meanwhile, enjoy the image of my little Shield 9 in use, but please forgive my terrible stance, since improved (thank you, Cerberus Training!).

I have several family guns. My favorite is My Great Grandmothers pre war Walther PP in 32 cal.
The story is that her boyfriend left it at her house, and his wife would not let him go get it back!
She was one that could sew up a bullet hole and not ask questions. She was a young woman during prohibition era. DR
That's a great story, make sure whomever gets that gun knows the story it's a good one.

I have a similar story about my grandmother. Her boyfriend just prior to my grandfather gave her a baby Browning .25 and that never set well with my grandfather. So sometime in the mid to late 60's she quietly gave it to my father. He never fired it and I rarely saw it but it was promised to me when I was old enough.
Just before dad passed a couple years ago he got it out and gave it to me along with a Makarov that I had given him several years earlier.
Well, I have several of the family guns and I knew dad had shown this browning to my nephew and he knew the story. So a couple days later before I left to come back to Oregon I gave it to him and I gave the Makarov to his brother.

I'm 1st generation gun nut and many in my extended family are gonna score hard. I've already given away rifles, shotguns, and pistols to friends and family. I prefer milsurp, C&R to new production weapons so a lot of my iron is old to start with. The grand kids are just getting old enough for the BB guns. Nobody will be complaining. I've got a designated armorer with detailed usage lined out. PAX
1704774880631.png 001.jpg display.jpg big-boys.jpg

Mossberg Model 142A with a T handle bolt. Picture taken from Armslist as I don't use my phone to access the web:

11901378_01_mossberg_142a_640.jpg

This was owned by my father. Bought new in the early 50s

AH Fox Sterlingworth 16 gauge - I didn't understand how amazing this gun was when I was a young kid messing around in the fields!

Winchester Model 72 22LR w/ peep sights. I still remember the day my grandfather pulled this out from an under the couch. Helped control the muskrat population. Shown here, mid stock refinish as the barreled action pulled through the wood.

Old but nearly mint Winchester model 94 in 32 Special. I wish I got the chance to talk to him about this rifle and the boxes of Whitetail antlers in the basement corner.

IMG_8250.jpeg IMG_3920.jpeg IMG_0584.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR