JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Alright guys like the title says let me see those shops. We had this going in another forum I'm apart of and its been awesome drooling over other people's set ups. I would start but mine is under construction. I will be posting it shortly though.

30x36 with drive thru to the back 40. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443545119.028706.jpg

So as I said in one of my posts my shop/garage is currently a work in process. Here is the latest status. It's a standing table. Just to the left I will have another standing table with a lazy Susan setup to the left for my grinder, belt sander and drill press. I can't wait until it's finished I'm tired of the unorganized mess haha.

image.jpg

This picture is from almost three years ago. The shop is the building behind the carport. It's about the size of a large two car garage or so. There's pretty good storage and a decent workbench that was in there when we bought this place. Unfortunately it's pretty much just being used for storage right now. I'm going to try and get it organized before Winter sets in this year.

IMGP1767.jpg

It's a great size and was one of the things that attracted me to this place. I just plan on using it for run of the mill stuff. There's power to the building, but it needs to be properly wired. Right now there's just some Romex strung haphazardly across the rafters in a couple of places. It also should be insulated, but the shop is pretty low on the project list. I've got a wood stove for it and may install that first and see how the place feels.
Mostly I just need to get out there and clean and organize it. It seems that something else always takes priority.

Well, my shop is still under construction. I just moved into the house, so the workbench was the first thing installed. It is a fairly crude design but has plenty of table space for working. I'm hoping to get some storage shelves put in over the winter, which should free up more room.

Ultimately this will all be moved to a custom-built shed on the property. Unfortunately, the wife has put priority on building garden boxes and a retaining wall, so the shed will have to wait until next year.

Thanks for the thread! I'm sure I will be stealing ideas for my shop from the other posts.

image.jpeg

Just to the left I will have another standing table with a lazy Susan setup to the left for my grinder, belt sander and drill press.

Can you expand on this a little for me? I assume these will just be for storage and not able to use on the lazy Susan. I am working in a standard two car garage with limited space for my toys and curious what you mean. I have been looking for a good way to have several bench tools accessible but still not always on the bench since I only have a few feet available.

Thanks!

In this case a picture is worth a thousand words. This picture will give you the jist of it. Mine isn't going to be that insane. I'll have 1 layer that everything is bolted too. And it will lock in place with a dowel.

image.jpg

Big doors are the way to go And the height.
I had a house with a 24X40 garage behind it. It was 8ft to the rafters. The guy was going to be a remodeling contractor and you can't even swing an 8 ft sheet of ply in it without tipping it way over.
If you build something you want at least 10 ft ceilings
Oh yeah,and a 7ft garage door:eek:
Why a guy would build a 24X40 shop and make it short,I don't know
Mine now is an old 50's type garage. Its 15X24 so it will be the clean shop. I'll do the dirty outside in the wood shed:cool:

It's a great size and was one of the things that attracted me to this place. I just plan on using it for run of the mill stuff. There's power to the building, but it needs to be properly wired. Right now there's just some Romex strung haphazardly across the rafters in a couple of places. It also should be insulated, but the shop is pretty low on the project list. I've got a wood stove for it and may install that first and see how the place feels.
Mostly I just need to get out there and clean and organize it. It seems that something else always takes priority.

Haha yeah that something else is the wife's or in laws projects haha

Well, my shop is still under construction. I just moved into the house, so the workbench was the first thing installed. It is a fairly crude design but has plenty of table space for working. I'm hoping to get some storage shelves put in over the winter, which should free up more room.

Ultimately this will all be moved to a custom-built shed on the property. Unfortunately, the wife has put priority on building garden boxes and a retaining wall, so the shed will have to wait until next year.

Thanks for the thread! I'm sure I will be stealing ideas for my shop from the other posts.

I wanted to use it to steal ideas as well. That and drool with envy!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top