JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just picked up a four post 9000 lb capacity car lift for my shop.
There was an estate sale down the road a mile away and for $1,800 I got a brand new one already assembled.
I moved it all in one piece at 6:00 am on a Sunday morning.
The beast is over 9' wide and I probably broke more then one traffic law getting it home.
I had 1" to spare side to side backing it in the main door, but I got it in place in one try.
Working on cars/trucks is a dream come true and why I didn't invest in one of these sooner is beyond me.

It's true, you really need tall ceilings and doors. I just picked up a 1985 Toyota Sunrader mini motor home and I just barely got it inside to work on it.

Having a car lift would make everything so much easier! Do you have a pic of it?

Lightning you need a car lift in your shop. You have the perfect shop for one.

Cannot; too messy

:oops:
I, too, have this problem.
I have a 20x22 garage and a 24x40 shop. After thrashing this summer for a new engine build on my car both of them are a mess. I'll post some pics later this winter after I get them cleaned up some.
However, there is always room to get to the loading bench.:D

No pics, just that when I built the shop (32x24), I should have made it a few feet deeper and partitioned a room that could be easily heated.
One good thing, the city I live in let me build on the property line at the back of my lot.
There was a drainage ditch back in the alley way and they weren't concerned about it.
Years later they filled the ditch and now I have the option of making a drive thru door on the back wall.
It's a real hassle shuffling cars in and out of my narrow driveway every time I want bring a vehicle into the shop.
If you ever get one of these 4 post lifts, make sure to buy the lift wheels set, so it can be easily moved around and also the 5 gallon waste oil drain tank that rolls around and lifts up to catch the draining oil from your car. That is a great plus and makes oil changes fun.

Dang that would make changing your oil a breeze. I hate using the small pans. I ever know what to do with the oil other then going into autozone. Although the last time I saved it to use as quenching oils for when I attempt to make knives.

I just picked up a four post 9000 lb capacity car lift for my shop.
There was an estate sale down the road a mile away and for $1,800 I got a brand new one already assembled.
I moved it all in one piece at 6:00 am on a Sunday morning.
The beast is over 9' wide and I probably broke more then one traffic law getting it home.
I had 1" to spare side to side backing it in the main door, but I got it in place in one try.
Working on cars/trucks is a dream come true and why I didn't invest in one of these sooner is beyond me.

It's true, you really need tall ceilings and doors. I just picked up a 1985 Toyota Sunrader mini motor home and I just barely got it inside to work on it.
An old friend was thinking the boat business may falter( his real job) so he built a shop to work on cars as he did prior to yachts.
He got one of these lifts.I asked him about it and he said 'for another $3k? why wouldn't i put that into the refi?'
Yeah not having to crawl under your rig even to just change oil or rotate tires.
Heck in my condition ,to polish the wheels,lol
Figured it costs him $20 a month

I even changed the rear end oil on my work van because it was so easy.
Another great feature is that you can stack a car/boat above you and work below.
I made a couple of metal props to tilt the ramps up and out of the way while I'm walking around when the lift is up to the highest level.
You only need to bang your head once to figure out that a sloping ramp at eye level will get you sooner then later.

I even changed the rear end oil on my work van because it was so easy.
Another great feature is that you can stack a car/boat above you and work below.
I made a couple of metal props to tilt the ramps up and out of the way while I'm walking around when the lift is up to the highest level.
You only need to bang your head once to figure out that a sloping ramp at eye level will get you sooner then later.

Haha that's a lesson I know all to well. I clock in at 6'9" so I have developed fast reflexs to things eye level.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top