JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love old TVs, something that baffles most people. I've replaced the restored 1964 Zenith 19" b&w in my living room with a 1983 Sampo 13" color tv.

20220127_160422.jpg

I've recently gotten into RC trucks. Good fast ones. My wife really likes it too and wants me to get a second one so she can "play" too. :)

Stock photo of mine, it will do 60+MPH with the right battery. I'll try to get some actual photos next time we take it out.

Truck 2.jpg

Last Edited:
I've recently gotten into RC trucks. Good fast ones. My wife really likes it too and wants me to get a second one so she can "play" too. :)

Stock photo of mine, it will do 60+MPH with the right battery. I'll try to get some actual photos next time we take it out.

View attachment 1123115
Dude! Those new LiPo batteries can make some serious power. I've been playing with RC planes again. Something about driving on the ground with those speed demons has kept me from the road toys.

Dude! Those new LiPo batteries can make some serious power. I've been playing with RC planes again. Something about driving on the ground with those speed demons has kept me from the road toys.
They can be tricky. I broke a shock the first time running it, easy cheap fix but yes.....they break. Especially with the speeds they're capable of. I'm still learning so I try to take it easy but even then. :D

They can be tricky. I broke a shock the first time running it, easy cheap fix but yes.....they break. Especially with the speeds they're capable of. I'm still learning so I try to take it easy but even then. :D
I plowed one of my planes in the second day out. It was at dusk, and it dropped below the horizon that I lost the orientation. So I pulled up, and she took a dive into the ground.

My BIL was a private pilot that let his license lapse. He took up RC planes.

I don't know the hobby well, but he built an over-sized trainer of some type. I know it worked because I have video of him crashing it into his very own shins on a botched pass.

I don't know the hobby well, but he built an over-sized trainer of some type. I know it worked because I have video of him crashing it into his very own shins on a botched pass.
Flying in third person is totally different than flying in a plane.

That seems obvious even to me.

I tried early versions of flight simulators in my youth. The tech was nothing like we have today, and I was constantly disoriented and never got proficient at it.

I am not a pilot but know several.

Lemme know if you want any Planes, I have several I'm going to be selling soon, couple are still new in the box and never flown! I'm doing both Scale Warships and Rock Crawlers these days, I find the slow technical pace of the Crawlers is tons of fun, don't need much space or have to drive anywhere, and I can "Play" as long as I want!

I'm hoping you gentlemen will indulge a very proud old grandpa. My grandson Julian, age 15 and 6 feet two tall with a blonde top on his head has been recruited as a representative for two of the racing companies. Now any and all parts and tires (which are changed once each race) are paid for by his sponsors. When you're racing these little things that are worth anywhere from $1500-$2500, that's a big deal and a big weight off the family.

He is a three-time champion now in both fuel and electric. There is one photo there with my granddaughter standing in the middle, and she is also a first-place winner in her class at 11 years of age.

The odd photo is of my grandson at age 11 having one two state championships in Junior Motocross. We terminated his motocross career when he got right around 5'9" tall as being simply too tall to ride those little motorcycles.

None of us regret that because he had already been through a broken shoulder a broken collarbone and a broken arm.
The worst he can do now is blow up his gas racing machine while he holds it. LOL
This weekend he's in the state of Washington racing once again.

julian1.jpg julian2.jpg julian6.jpg julian7.jpg julian11.jpg julian12.jpg jude5.jpg jude6.jpg julian3.jpg julian4.jpg julian5.jpg julian8.jpg julian9.jpg julian10.jpg

I'm hoping you gentlemen will indulge a very proud old grandpa. My grandson Julian, age 15 and 6 feet two tall with a blonde top on his head has been recruited as a representative for two of the racing companies. Now any and all parts and tires (which are changed once each race) are paid for by his sponsors. When you're racing these little things that are worth anywhere from $1500-$2500, that's a big deal and a big weight off the family.

He is a three-time champion now in both fuel and electric. There is one photo there with my granddaughter standing in the middle, and she is also a first-place winner in her class at 11 years of age.

The odd photo is of my grandson at age 11 having one two state championships in Junior Motocross. We terminated his motocross career when he got right around 5'9" tall as being simply too tall to ride those little motorcycles.

None of us regret that because he had already been through a broken shoulder a broken collarbone and a broken arm.
The worst he can do now is blow up his gas racing machine while he holds it. LOL
This weekend he's in the state of Washington racing once again.

View attachment 1123278 View attachment 1123279 View attachment 1123280 View attachment 1123281 View attachment 1123282 View attachment 1123283 View attachment 1123284 View attachment 1123285 View attachment 1123286 View attachment 1123287 View attachment 1123288 View attachment 1123289 View attachment 1123290 View attachment 1123291
3rd group down in the center is my granddaughter standing on the right side in the photo. That was her first trophy and she was so proud.

THAT is why I prefer to spend money on radio-controlled trains. If and when they go tits-up, they stop - that costs me nothing.

If an r/c 'plane goes tits-up, they crash, usually into sad little fragments. And cost plenty...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR