JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hanna as a pup:
p1270002.jpg

Hanna and her brother, Sammy, may they both rest in peace:
p1300179.jpg
Bo, my current house mate:
vDJkWC.jpg

p1270002.jpg

p1300179.jpg

vDJkWC.jpg

This is the day I brought my dog home. He sat on my foot for this picture and took ownership of me...lol He is now 3 years old and spoiled rotten.

Best dogs ever!:) I've had three, but, for the last twenty years, big dogs needing homes have had to come first. That's two Rottweilers and a Bull Mastif, all terrific dogs! Next time it's a Doberman! I'm getting older and I need my favorite breed before I kick off.

I can turn you on to my breeder. I have seen three generations of her dogs and they are all quality dogs. She is just south of Puyallup.

Thank you! But, I'm going to try Doberman rescue orgs first! If that doesn't work out I'll certainly contact you. Again, thanks!

Luther!

165 pounds of don't mess with anything around here! And also 165 pounds of snuggle monster that could take care of a new born baby goat till morning..(other than feeding)
Best dog breed ive had so far. Their herding instinct if they are not raised around sheep or goats is amazing..They take right to kids like they are their own flock.

When danger is near, the dog will warn you. And actually circle around the kids, and don't try to approach them! BIG NO NO

luther.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Luther!

165 pounds of don't mess with anything around here! And also 165 pounds of snuggle monster that could take care of a new born baby goat till morning..(other than feeding)
Best dog breed ive had so far. Their herding instinct if they are not raised around sheep or goats is amazing..They take right to kids like they are their own flock.

When danger is near, the dog will warn you. And actually circle around the kids, and don't try to approach them! BIG NO NO

View attachment 275369
There are some pups in town ,a cross with a Newfy? But a guy in town that has had Pyrenees said they wander a lot
Yes? no?

That's what the Pyrenees rescue folks told my sister. One of the requirements was a yard with a tall fence. She's already gotten out once, but came trotting home after a half hour.

My new (six months or so) neighbors have two Great Pyrenees. They've spent the last six months fixing fences that didn't appear to have any defects because their male GP kept getting out. He (at about 160 lbs) could get through a metal gate that my shepherd (at about 90 pounds) wouldn't dream of trying to go through.

Yes they like to wander and yes they are escape artists.

There are some pups in town ,a cross with a Newfy? But a guy in town that has had Pyrenees said they wander a lot
Yes? no?

As a pup they will wander and explore, like most dogs. I lived in an area or Northern Minn, and my nearest neighbor was 1.5 miles away. As Luther got to be around 8 months he would wander away from his flock of nearly 200 sheep and visit the other (in heat) neighbor dog. He only did that once tho.
But every Pyr is different, my current one will not let our kids out of his sight! Quite the family dog, very attached to them.

We fed Luther allot of beef scraps, as he stayed outside almost all the time. So he was on the higher end weight wise. -50 below out? He didn't care, he slept with the sheep at night!

Our current Pyr is about 135 lbs now. And is very gentle around the kids. Some females are around 100-120.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top