JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have an early Ruger #3 in .45-70. Now there is a bruiser! Maybe this is why I don't have a Right Shoulder Joint? I would take it to the range and put 3 rounds through it; set it aside "to let it cool" - yeah right. Then one day I hit the range and there's a guy shooting what sounded like a Cannon but the gun isn't even coming up off the front sand bag. I walk over to watch him and he's shooting a .300 Weatherby! He finishes up his string and we talk a bit. He tells me he has had the gun "Ported" and asks me if I would like to try it. I say sure. I give it a try and it feels like a .22-250 - just NO recoil. He said he the guy who did the Porting is in Everett and his name is George Garvil. I give him a call and I make an appointment to see him, taking my Ruger with me. He calls me a couple of days later, I go in to pickup the gun and head directly to the range. I had one of the elastic sleeves with 9 rounds in it figuring that will be more than enough. I put the 9 rounds through it, one right after the other! Over the years I have had several others done for myself and my customers, including a pre Model 29 and they all have made a wonderful improvement. Unfortunately, George is no longer with us:(:(:( and neither is the tool he used.

I have an early Ruger #3 in .45-70. Now there is a bruiser! Maybe this is why I don't have a Right Shoulder Joint? I would take it to the range and put 3 rounds through it; set it aside "to let it cool" - yeah right. Then one day I hit the range and there's a guy shooting what sounded like a Cannon but the gun isn't even coming up off the front sand bag. I walk over to watch him and he's shooting a .300 Weatherby! He finishes up his string and we talk a bit. He tells me he has had the gun "Ported" and asks me if I would like to try it. I say sure. I give it a try and it feels like a .22-250 - just NO recoil. He said he the guy who did the Porting is in Everett and his name is George Garvil. I give him a call and I make an appointment to see him, taking my Ruger with me. He calls me a couple of days later, I go in to pickup the gun and head directly to the range. I had one of the elastic sleeves with 9 rounds in it figuring that will be more than enough. I put the 9 rounds through it, one right after the other! Over the years I have had several others done for myself and my customers, including a pre Model 29 and they all have made a wonderful improvement. Unfortunately, George is no longer with us:(:(:( and neither is the tool he used.
Porting makes a huge difference. I can see why they don't appreciate them at ranges though, they are loud! I had a ported 340 Wby and my GF loved plinking with it actually more than she liked shooting my SKS. "Its prettier!" I think the felt recoil between the 2 was pretty close.

There we go... My first lever, and only for $560. Didn't even plan on getting it.

8D16DA70-0CD5-4EB4-8FAD-40EB0DBCC3EE.jpeg

Savage 99 .308. My grandpa's. I was about 10 and he pulled it out. Said his biggest regret was notching it up....but I'm sure glad he did. Yes, "M" is for Moose. He had a friend draw a cartoon of him shooting it as if the bullet went up over a hill, down the other side, across a lake, etc. to illustrate how far he was. I had figured I would shoot something with it, maybe mark up a sling and pass it off to my kids but they never showed any interest in hunting.

20181201_144228.jpg

20181201_144233.jpg

20181201_144251.jpg

Savage 99 .308. My grandpa's. I was about 10 and he pulled it out. Said his biggest regret was notching it up....but I'm sure glad he did. Yes, "M" is for Moose. He had a friend draw a cartoon of him shooting it as if the bullet went up over a hill, down the other side, across a lake, etc. to illustrate how far he was. I had figured I would shoot something with it, maybe mark up a sling and pass it off to my kids but they never showed any interest in hunting.

View attachment 523422

View attachment 523423

View attachment 523424

Very cool rifle and story. The notches give it character.

My wife's grandfather gave us his Savage 99 a couple summers ago. It is similar to the one your grandfather gave you, but in .300 Savage. :)

329758-6ba62faaaddc8f98e63fd5ef6a6ca41e.jpg

picked this up a couple weeks ago, trying to keep the wear and tear off of the original...

New Winchester 1873 in .44-40. Octagon barrels aren't my thing, but that's all you can get:
DesertEagle50AE_Win187344-40.2048x1536x300.jpg
(yes the DE 50 is new too)

Recently won a local auction for a Marlin Model '94 Deluxe rifle made in 1907. It's in .25-20 Marlin, and has a bunch of special order features. Presentation grade wood, pistol grip stock, deluxe checkering, half octagon barrel, half magazine, midrange vernier tang sight, windage Lyman combination front sight. Bluing is spectacular, but color cased frame is a bit faded. Was a bit surprised when it stopped bidding at less than half it's value. But a happy surprise.

gZgRpFLl.jpg

49e8Ajsl.jpg

fjUjTmPl.jpg

C0i5uT5l.jpg

KIabyr1l.jpg

9DUqtngl.jpg

SVY5dgDl.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR