JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I ever see you walking around with 1/2 a boot, I'll know where the other half is. ;)

...naw, just kidding. That's actually a cool picture. Thanks for posting it.

Marlin 336, cut to 19 inches, champion stock cut and limbsaver pad installed, modified front cap to fit forend, forward scope mount, 2-7x IER scope, receiver peep mounted.
Awaiting a trip to JES for a .35/30-30 rebore and front sight install.

20181006_105805.jpg

Last Edited:
I think you're right, which is an interesting observation considering it's size. I didn't think these carbines were scoped very often in the era this scabbard was crafted. This carbine has no signs of ever having an optic so I suppose it's possible the story I got was embellished. No way to be sure.
Well the obvious thing to do is mount a vintage Weaver 4-power... with period rings and mount of course...:D

A couple of additions to go with the previous dozen;

WP_20181107_003.jpg

Top; Marlin Model 62 again, this one in .30 Carbine.
Bottom; Ruger 96-22. I'm amazed that this one doesn't share any parts with the 10-22 except the screws that hold the barrel on. Magazines will interchange, but are different. Sights look the same, but are different. Barrels can be modified to work, but are different. Even the barrel band is different.

Nice guns, all!!

I've only recently discovered the charm of the lever gun. I grew up with a Red Ryder (still have it) and decided to get a grown up version. I even got my wife a lever gun, and she doesn't even like guns!

First one I bought about 6 months ago - 1996 Marlin 1894CS .357:
1894CS_20180510_1.jpg

Then I bought my wife a Henry Golden Boy American Beauty in 22lr for our anniversary (Henry's stock photo):
H004AB-American-Beauty-hero.jpg

She said that was her gun and I couldn't take it out shooting without her, so I picked up a 1973 Winchester 9422 for my 22s/l/lr plinking. No photos of this one yet. Shooter grade with some character for $400. Suits me fine and already one of my favorite rifles.

Finally, I just picked up what I was really after in the first place, a stainless .357 lever. A 2018 Marlin 1894CSBL:
1894CSBL_Side_1_2018-10-09.jpg

Overall, I'm really enjoying lever guns and I keep getting tempted buy even more. Might have to control myself. I can't afford to feed a 45/70 on the regular!

Ive got a friend who's got one of those 16" stainless Marlin 45/70 government lever guns. I'm open minded and like to shoot most guns. I don't like shooting THAT gun. It hurts me and my gentle feelings.

Ive got a friend who's got one of those 16" stainless Marlin 45/70 government lever guns. I'm open minded and like to shoot most guns. I don't like shooting THAT gun. It hurts me and my gentle feelings.
I used to have a Marlin 444 sporter. I foolishly traded it for a Marshall guitar amp but it was a fair deal. Still have the amp and enjoy it but I miss that 444. Kicked pretty good.

Last Edited:
That stock is disgusting. Go put that away. It's making mine feel inferior.
Hey Mica,
I just took a stroll through all 10 pages of this thread and have yet to see a pic of your lever.
How about posting one and let us judge who has the nicer stocks.
...c'mon, you can do it! I got faith in ya, bud! :D

Dean

My LTD V came with just a plastic butt plate, no recoil pad and I shot it that way for quite awhile until I got finally smart (whomped?) enough and put a limbsaver on it. Of course I was loading up hot full power rds until I finally got some cast.

Before I put the pad on BIL and I were out shooting and I filled the tube with some light cast loads, shot 'em and told him how nice they were to shoot. He hadn't shot it before. I filled the tube again for him but "accidentally" stuffed a hot jacketed load in last. I actually heard him grunt when he touched it off and he tried to hand the rifle back to me. I told him, "No go ahead, empty it. Aren't those light loads nice?" :) He didn't really want to shoot it again but touched another off and it took him a couple shots before it dawned on him. "YOU DIRTY SOB!!" :D

He said it was comparable to, maybe a little worse than his 340 Wby. A good recoil pad helped a lot though.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top