Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Shotgun cleaning equipment recommendations?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by F2CMaDMaXX, Nov 14, 2013.

1. F2CMaDMaXX

F2CMaDMaXX West of Portland from England Bullet goes where now? Staff Member Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Hi all,

I've got most of my pistol/rifle cleaning equipment sorted, product, boresnakes etc.

However, just cleaning my shotgun barrels tonight, and noted that although i can clean it, i don't really have the right equipment for it (i think)

What i do have for 12ga:

1) Boresnake
    2) Brush
    3) Patches
    4) Jag
    5) Otis cables

Does anyone have any recommendations for parts/things i should use/get for cleaning the barrels out?

Thanks.

2. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

dewey cleaning rod would be nice.

but I think you are fine without it.

3. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Have a few thick (but sub bore size) oak dowels handy (fiberglass chimney cleaning rods work too, etc) that you can use to ram out a stuck shell, or the Dewey rod

4. Lange22250

Lange22250 Milwaukie Active Member

An aluminum rod without a handle, 10g bronze bore brush and a power drill. Chuck the rod into the drill with the brush on the end, dip it in solvent and run it down the barrel.
    Plastic fouling is the hardest thing to clean out and the drill is the best solution.

5. F2CMaDMaXX

F2CMaDMaXX West of Portland from England Bullet goes where now? Staff Member Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Blitz, i don't know what that lot is, link?

I should mention that i don't appear to have 12g patches :( largest i have are 225 bulk patches, can i assume there are 12g patches or do i get a specific size? I don't remember seeing any when i was last at the store.