JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi all,

I've got most of my pistol/rifle cleaning equipment sorted, product, boresnakes etc.

However, just cleaning my shotgun barrels tonight, and noted that although i can clean it, i don't really have the right equipment for it (i think)

What i do have for 12ga:

1) Boresnake
2) Brush
3) Patches
4) Jag
5) Otis cables

Does anyone have any recommendations for parts/things i should use/get for cleaning the barrels out?

Thanks.

Have a few thick (but sub bore size) oak dowels handy (fiberglass chimney cleaning rods work too, etc) that you can use to ram out a stuck shell, or the Dewey rod

An aluminum rod without a handle, 10g bronze bore brush and a power drill. Chuck the rod into the drill with the brush on the end, dip it in solvent and run it down the barrel.
Plastic fouling is the hardest thing to clean out and the drill is the best solution.

Blitz, i don't know what that lot is, link?

I should mention that i don't appear to have 12g patches :( largest i have are 225 bulk patches, can i assume there are 12g patches or do i get a specific size? I don't remember seeing any when i was last at the store.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top