JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here is the group I camp with. This is at a pit just down the road from our camp site outside of Sisters. I feel safe.

Shoot group.JPG

I am more inclined to believe it didn't happen unless I read a verified news story about it.

The OPs reposted story is vague and leaves too many questions.
Someone posted a VIN look up of the plate number and it came back legit. Mods removed it for reasons, but I am more inclined to believe it now.

-Robert

Someone posted a VIN look up of the plate number and it came back legit. Mods removed it for reasons, but I am more inclined to believe it now.
I assume as in 'legit' you mean 'legitimate' as in a legal plate number assigned to a vehicle - like any one of thousands on the road that could be added to a 'story' ?

Maybe someone has a 'grudge' with the owner of the plate # shown in the story and fabricated the story to get them to be harassed or investigated by the police ?

Until I see a news story verifying the claim by the campers I'll consider it to be 'folly'.

Seems a number of people here have interesting experiences while out camping...

I must be lucky when I'm out camping, most I've had is a couger or 2 around the tent at night that scared away the van campers in the middle of the night (I tent camp).

I keep fairly well armed with the 9mm and usually an AR with plenty extra ammo, high powered LED lights, and a Thermal Monocular...

Seems a number of people here have interesting experiences while out camping...

I must be lucky when I'm out camping, most I've had is a couger or 2 around the tent at night that scared away the van campers in the middle of the night (I tent camp).

I keep fairly well armed with the 9mm and usually an AR with plenty extra ammo, high powered LED lights, and a Thermal Monocular...

I had two bear encounters on the same night while camping, never saw one in the wild my whole life until that night.

I must be lucky when I'm out camping, most I've had is a couger or 2 around the tent at night
I've had more screaming animals around my tent while camping at night than I can count!

Heck, get out and intimidate them a bit - they love it - chase them off - they'll be back - don't be so dang afraid and think you are 'being stalked' and 'gotta defend myself' against them.

Mostly they are just screaming at you for camping in their 'home'.

I've had more screaming animals around my tent while camping at night than I can count!

Heck, get out and intimidate them a bit - they love it - chase them off - they'll be back - don't be so dang afraid and think you are 'being stalked' and 'gotta defend myself' against them.

It wasn't too far from where I grew up, Davis Lake at the north Campground, my GF at the time was camping with me, she did not sleep at all the whole trip, I slept through with ease. Told her, I'm going to bed, if ones tries to come through the tent, then I'll take care of it, till then, goodnight

I remember the days when I was 10 miles into the woods with a Mod 19 Smith & Wesson and and a double A penlight in camp - slept well and still alive....

img20190813_20175157.jpg

I heard a few at Deer Leg Camp last summer, but it was one of the best times camping by myself. I usually hate camping by myself at a dispersed camp site, but this camp was so peaceful that I really enjoyed it. Let's do that again! Let me know when!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top