JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just saw this post from a few weeks ago in a local off road group. I've been out in the woods quite a bit, but haven't (yet) had this close of an encounter.

Edit because people are asking for the location: 43.802693,-122.311380 (near the Wall Creek hot springs trail head)

Friday night I had the worst experience to date camping in the states. Myself, my wife and my dog were outside Oakridge in the Willamette National Forrest dispensed camping. We were about 40yards off the road near a trail head. At about 8pm a large Chevy started pulling up turning off their lights and sitting and staring at our camp. They would flash their high beams and then peel out. This happened twice. They came back a third time as I had started breaking down camp (didn't want to stick around) and unloaded a full magazine at us from their truck. Luckily they didn't hit us or my truck. The tree next to us wasn't as lucky. I abandoned what I hadn't already packed up and got the hell out of there.

I've heard the horror stories and am surprised it took this long for something to happen to me. Stay safe out there and know that there are terrible people out there. The sheriff took three hours to call back after I phoned the police from town.

For anyone interested the plates were 933 GEB, if you see that truck I'd recommend staying away.

So far no updates from the sheriff. Some comments suggest it was near a grow operation; however, the OP states they were very close to a nearby, well known, hot spring.

-Robert

Had some clowns doing similar bullsnot coming over 90 late one night. Pull up behind with brights on, pass, slow down, repeat. I had the wife pull off at the Easton exit, got out and very OBVIOUSLY racked one into the chamber. They left at a high rate of speed. :)

This is some scary as F type stuff.

While we were not shot at, @Cogs and I were dumb enough to camp in the middle of the Browns Camp Pit before a clean up. It was a long sleepless night. Full of some very interesting stuff, including a vet driving around blacked out wearing night vision.

This is some scary as F type stuff.

While we were not shot at, @Cogs and I were dumb enough to camp in the middle of the Browns Camp Pit before a clean up. It was a long sleepless night. Full of some very interesting stuff, including a vet driving around blacked out wearing night vision.
Yeah. We sure needed some kind of parental guildance to step in and say "Dumb move, don't do it!"

Great. This would have to come up just before I'm about to camp out in the Tillamook! Here comes another sleepless night!
615agnyVKSL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Sounds like a Zane Grey book.
"An eerie feeling swept through the minds of the campers as they bid each other the final goodnight. It was cold and dark and they feared for what was yet to come. Sleep was not an option as they lay awake listening... and listening. Will it come? When will it come? How will it come?

Cradle close the shotgun, the AR and the handgun, for they are your protection in a moment of danger.

Sleep, but don't sleep. Rest, but stay alert. Listen to every little thing, all night long.

Why, oh why did I choose to camp here? Am I a fool, or is this just another one of my adrenaline junky highs?..."

:D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top