JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have wanted an AR, All these years a reason or six blocking instant gratification.
Now, Im retired, pretty much got my ducks in a row.
But we've all seen the derth of ammunition and gun supplies.
Been shopping, hoping for a Colt LE6920.

Went to Walmart Troutdale waited in line till 10:30 when RECEIVING notifies sporting goods if there's anything on the truck.
Ted (guy ahead of me in line) has been waiting for 6 weeks, daily M-F!
No guns, no ammo, see you tomorrow morning!

Went to Sportsman's Warehouse on SE 82nd, Portland.
No joy in the Gun Dept. Found a can of Rem oil with teflon.
Early, no cashiers, went to Cust Svc, asked the lady if she was qualified to take my money
"Of Course!":s0114: Against the back wall of her office I spy stacks of ammo. I charm her :winkkiss: into confessing
"the supply truck arrived yesterday, the 223, 22, 308 sold instantly" "even the eight $500 5.56 cans of 1000 rounds each
sold in 24 hours, last one sold this morning" "Should have been here yesterday...:s0114:" (My life story)
Paid for my Rem oil, proceeded to:

The "Gun Zone" 16120 SE 82nd (exit 12a Hwy 205)
Asked Mr Hamto (owner) "Any AR's?"
"The truck just delivered a Windham Carbon Fiber, just 5 minutes ago, want to see?"
I blurt out "I'll buy it, can I hold it, how much?" ($895)
upload_2014-10-6_22-11-19.png
5 Other folks walked-in, asking "any AR's?"

Oregon State Police Form filled in ($10)
Mr. Hamto submitted it on the net, there were 9 forms ahead of me.
25 minutes later, approved.

Rail over the receiver, rail over the gas port, no handle or front sights.
A web nylon sling, a MagPul 30 round magazine
Windham Barrel: 16" M4 1/9 twist 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium 1159SE Steel with Chrome lining bore and chamber. MilSpec Black Manganese Phosphate.

Added 3 more MagPul mags at $30 each
Tapco spanner wrench $15
Troy rear folding battlesight $95
Troy front folding battlesight $125

Snoopy Dancing.gif

Last Edited:
Also spill the beans on what you paid for it. $$$

I bet $1500 less than going rate on here.

I think prices will drop faster now since people investing their tax returns on items have dried up.

Plus I know a few people with a large sum of credit card debt because their plans did not work out.

Everyday they hold the item the less it is worth in the inflated market.

Now to do my taxes :) :) :)

Good job to the OP and holding out and paying a decent price.

seen some pretty nice ones on here in the last two weeks for around 900 bucks :s0155: I've got to do my taxes too! i am getting money back but tend to procrastinate and have missed a couple good deals on guns i would have liked to have had

Can you explain more about the woman you spoke to that had stacks of ammo in her office? Why wasn't it on the floor? If you don't have a good answer I'm calling them to find out. Oh and good on ya for finding what you wanted. Enjoy! Ar's are a lot of fun to shoot. My wife and kids love to make empty brass with mine!

Can you explain more about the woman you spoke to that had stacks of ammo in her office? Why wasn't it on the floor? If you don't have a good answer I'm calling them to find out. Oh and good on ya for finding what you wanted. Enjoy! Ar's are a lot of fun to shoot. My wife and kids love to make empty brass with mine!

I have often suspected that the employees of many of these shops are snapping up the small amounts of ammo before they even hit the shelves. Can't say that I blame them as long as the retailers have no rules against it.

they keep the "panic bullets" (popular calibers) at the customer service desk, it has been this way since the minute sportsman warehouse reopened. They are not hoarding ammo, they are just trying to deal with the people who drive from store to store to store trying to buy all the ammo they can... that and it's on 82nd and there are alot of lurkers..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top