JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went out shooting today up off Wagner rd. It's pretty trashed. tons of garbage, plastic, glass and shells everywhere.
I didn't have any bigger bags or I would have loaded more, and can only dump 1 at a time where I live.(They don't want us dumping outside trash in our dumpster).
I tried to take as much plastic and garbage as I could out with me, but as you can see in the pictures, there is still tons left.

20160307_151520.jpg 20160307_151527.jpg 20160307_151548.jpg 20160307_151554.jpg

If you could find out who manages the land, State DNR, ODF State, BLM or USFS, you could call their nearby office and let them know you'll be hauling out a few bags of trash. Ask them if they will get rid of it (I'm sure they will). Most likely, they will even provide the trash bags for you. I'd say tell them you'll leave the bags at a certain location and they can come get them.

Don't forget to tell them about Northwest Firearms and how we try to take out more than we brought in! They like to know of a gun organization that's trying to help.

Good work, Shishk! Way to go!

Cogs

P.S. Might as well go for broke and ask them if they'll buy you a beer for your efforts. Well, it's worth a try. Isn't it? :D

Cogs

Would there be a good way to find out who manages the land? I've heard that is was BLM but not 100% sure. I'd love to fill up a couple of the large black bags each trip and leave them somewhere for them to pick up.

My rifle is a 1939 mosin. It was my first time shooting it today and it was a blast(pun intended):)

careful, my brothers friend, her husband and his two friends were shootin in a pit near stayton and all got slapped with misdemeanors for allegedly shooting on weyerhauser land

Would there be a good way to find out who manages the land? I've heard that is was BLM but not 100% sure. I'd love to fill up a couple of the large black bags each trip and leave them somewhere for them to pick up.
Not sure how to make a positive ID, outside of one of those new Smart Phone Hunting Map apps. Ask around at any gun stores. Check maps. Sooner or later you should find out.

Yeah, that would not be cool to find out it was Weyerhauser. You'd just have to take that garbage right back to them!

It always amazes me that folks don't clean up after themselves when shooting, and don't police up the area to ensure that they left it better than they found it. Last summer during a shooting outing three lads touched off a forest fire an 1/8th of a mile from my house. They saw the brush smoldering and didn't think to make sure it was out. The first was just sentenced that the other two have trials dates later this month.

Well done Shishk, for the example of how to leave it better than you find it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top