JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was wondering whats the legallity of shooting at night? I have a hard time getting up to memaloose in the light and was wondering if I am using a .22lr pistol/rifle with my headlights and i know my backstop and can see it in the light is this legal? So far the closest thing I can find is that it is legal to hunt at night but nothing else.

I would assume its legal since I have done it before and never had a problem but I have also never had a cop stop by at night lol. I just went up tonight to memaloose went down range with a flashlight, called out to make sure nobody was there, and fired pretty much into a dirt wall so that I wasn't shooting past my headlights, just wanted to fire a few .22 rounds since it has been a month since I last went shooting.

I have seen them out quite a few times. Down in eugene area mostly, not as much up here. About 2 years ago when I first started shooting, only owned a shotgun and shot clays for fun, we thought why not go to the other side of the road(on the hill) and shoot across the road, officer drove up and and we of course stopped put our guns down and talked to him. Of course we found out it is illegal to shoot across a logging road, he let us go because we didn't know and stayed and BS'ed with us for a bit and watched us suck it up bigtime. Only time they have ever stopped while I was shooting LOL

I think shooting at night would be okay, just as long as you are careful where you use the lights and that use can not be mistaken for harassing wildlife, which is what they can charge if you are using a spotlight looking for animals; just shining a light on an animal at night will get you a ticket for harassing.

Hunt no - shoot yes. But - if anything was going to draw neighbor complaints it would be shooting at night.....

With it getting dark in the winter months early I shoot at the local club in the dark. We can shoot til 9 PM... :)

I think shooting at night would be okay, just as long as you are careful where you use the lights and that use can not be mistaken for harassing wildlife, which is what they can charge if you are using a spotlight looking for animals; just shining a light on an animal at night will get you a ticket for harassing.

We didn't spotlight animals, we just yelled out is anybody around, we are going to shoot just didn't want to scare anybody but we were in the forest and didn't see anybody within 5 miles of where we were so I would assume that wouldn't matter... I hope?

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top