JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't have an issue for him intervening about the parking situation. I have a problem with how he went about it. I have a problem with the fact that the guy pushed him down. I have a problem with him shooting. I have a problem with the fact that it was done in front of kids.

Look, everyone has always talked about if there was no rule of law. Talked about about if the stuff hit the fan. What people need to do is remember that society is what helps society keep going. Society is what dictates what is acceptable or not. Sooo... if it's society holding society accountable then as far as him interjecting himself about the parking is not an issue.

The only issue is that the situation was escalated unnecessarily from all parties involved. We will unfortunately never have the opportunity to ask the guy that lost his life if he realized that it was a dumb thing to do and if he was going to just walk away after he pushed the guy down.

I have numerous times had seen and said something to people that park that way. Never had a bad experience with any of them. I have also never went up to people demanding that they have to do what I say. I simply explain why the parking places are for the disabled and would like it if they moved the vehicle. Then go ask if they want help with their groceries because I know that with kids in tow it makes it difficult to go shopping.

Lets look at this from a hypothetical position, as in the case of a question that is often asked on this forum which is 'Would you intervene?' So the question is 'this situation' and 'YOU' are Drejka. Would you (as a responsible CHL) have approached the woman about the parking situation? My answer is easy (and much like the Taco Bell drive through question Sunday) A big NO, and I would like to think those that answer no believe Drejka was wrong.
Another issue here that seems to be overlooked (unless I missed it) is Drejka was NOT intervening to save a life, stop a robbery etc. What he DID was to instigate something from what was a non-violent action to begin with - and I'll bet the prosecution will not overlook this part.
He, in effect, threw the 'first punch' and created a crime from what started out as a simple parking infraction.
I'll bet anyone a bottle of their favorite he loses this one.

No way I'll take that bet. ;)

The shooters problem is that the jury will not be made up from NWFA members who support the 2A and have CHL's. It will be a cross section of the public and the prosecutor is sure to get some on the jury who feel that anyone who carries a gun is a bad person looking for trouble. He shot some one for just pushing him down.
While we all have our opinion on what it 'should' be, reality is the shooter is in major trouble. IMHO.

The ironic part is , that I would gladly play some old school D&D...
I have the first editions :
Players handbook...
Dungeon Masters Guide...
Monster Manual...
Fiend Folio...
Some Modules...
And dice...

All I need now are some nerdy friends who want to play....well maybe I ought to get some friends of any kind first...:D

And now back to this wonderful thread....:rolleyes:
Andy
Dude quick sidebar and then back to the thread.... you have just earned major cool points!!!!!

:s0152::s0152::s0152:

LOL I have no idea what you just said there. :p

Its a line from Lewis Carroll's poem :
Jabberwocky... in which our hero slays a dreadful beast , the Jabberwock , with his magic sword a "Vorpal Blade"...

For those of you who ain't D&D nerds...a Vorpal Blade would be like getting a rifle that never misses a head shot ....Ever....
Andy

Besides that you have a problem with Daniel Defense & Draco rifles? That's it you are officially kicked out of the I have no idea what the heck I am saying Club!

:s0140:

I like DD rifles actually. It's their owners who think all others are junk I have a problem with. :D

Otherwise known as "Common Law Wife". :):):)

Yeah, silly me. I tend to refer to my friends long term girlfriends as their wives. Bad habit. :)

Interesting POV:

And we can clearly see, yet again, that Dreadkey was pushed from the side, not from behind. Coulda put some moves on Glockman from the ground: Shoulda learned this schlitt and left the rod at the LGS:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads