JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1. Not the first time this hothead has done this. Complained about illegal parking or shot someone?
2. He chose to take a civil code enforcement into his own hands. Not even a crime. Not illegal to tell someone the law.
3. He chose the location. Both parties were going to the same store. So what?
4. He chose to confront the man instead of calling 911. He spoke to the woman driver not the man and why would he call 911 over a parking spot?
5. He chose not to advise or involve the store employee, who had legal authority over the premises. Apparently the store employees don't care about handicap parking spots getting taken up by able-bodied drivers.
6. He chose the particular man to confront. Are you out of your mind? He never exchanged words with, nor even saw the man before he was on the ground looking up at his attacker.
7. He chose to use deadly force against a man who had committed a misdemeanor and was just standing there - with his child. Seriously did you even watch the video? There was no child standing there. An attack from behind or the side where the defender has no chance to react and protect themself (aka a cheap shot) is Felony Assault in many states.
8. Was that the only parking space? Never mind if it was handicapped. There were other, possibly CLOSER spaces open, if hothead couldn't get his favorite handicap space. Yes the shooter pointed out to the woman "look here are all these other spots you could have taken." And the shooter did park closer to the door. It was not his spot they were arguing about.
9. He chose everything to do with this. It was all under his control. That hints at premeditation. If he feared for his life, it was because hothead willingly and knowingly placed his own life in jeopardy. Do you really think he got up that morning and said I am going to kill myself a black man today?
10. Was hothead's fear reasonable and justified? He also did not expect to get blindsided. This was not like taking a hit in football where you are all padded up and know it is coming. From the shooters perspective he is talking with the lady in the car she gets out of the car leaving her kid(s) in the backseat. The next thing he knows he is on the ground, in pain, looking up at a big black man. Yeah he is in fear so he draws his pistol. The big man does not run away or go "hands up don't shoot", he sees the leg move so one shot stops the threat.
11. Was his use of deadly force justified? Not politically correct, but yes justified.

A jury will decide. Hopefully he will get both a good lawyer and a non-SJW judge who will end all of this with a favorable Self Defense Immunity Hearing.

Watch it again
Liveleak.com - Argument over handicapped parking spot leads to deadly shooting

He wasn't even justified to hit the guy back once he quit attacking. If he was justified to shoot, so would anyone in any bar fight. Where is the fear of serious bodily injury and/or death here?

Honestly, SYG laws need to be vetted by allowing people to get run through the ringer like this guy likely will be. It shows the law isn't flawed and doesn't give people the ability to manufacture a reason to kill someone.

OK. Regardless, was that push completely unprovoked? Folks, it was a misdemeanor crime! In either civil or criminal court, the hothead was the proximate cause or the cause-in-fact of the whole mess.

"Regardless of it being apparent I didn't watch the video before I commented placing blame while not knowing what I was talking about"

No matter how you want to spin it, the person being shoved to the ground from behind that for all legal purposes was completely unprovoked in being shoved is not responsible for instigating the violence that took place.

"Regardless of it being apparent I didn't watch the video before I commented placing blame while not knowing what I was talking about"

No matter how you want to spin it, the person being shoved to the ground from behind that for all legal purposes was completely unprovoked in being shoved is not responsible for instigating the violence that took place.
I do not know who you are quoting. And, I do not understand your point.

He wasn't even justified to hit the guy back once he quit attacking. If he was justified to shoot, so would anyone in any bar fight. Where is the fear of serious bodily injury and/or death here?

Honestly, SYG laws need to be vetted by allowing people to get run through the ringer like this guy likely will be. It shows the law isn't flawed and doesn't give people the ability to manufacture a reason to kill someone.

This was not a "fight", but an assault. What does McGlockton do after pushing Drejka the first time? He lifts his shorts again and moves closer. As I said before, without a clear indicator such as running away, hands up or a verbal surrender, Drejka thinks that the attack is still in progress. While it is easy for us to see from a third party perspective, McGlockton take a step and a half back after the pistol comes out, vertical movement is difficult to estimate, especially if you are on the ground after being pushed.

This is like the "You shot him in the back" outcry. The time between the decision to pull the trigger in response to being attacked and the bullet leaving the muzzle is delayed under stress.

This is not a Stand Your Ground case as the defender was on his butt and had no opportunity to retreat.

....No matter how you want to spin it, the person being shoved to the ground from behind ...

Except he was pushed from the side-front. Here's a frame just before the push -- McGlocton approached from the side straight down the sidewalk, veered a little in front of Drejka and then pushed him from quartering angle:

a.jpg

Another thing I noticed when watching the video frame by frame, was that McGlocton didn't start retreating when the gun was pointed at him, he started retreating BEFORE the gun was drawn -- his retreat started when he saw Drejka reaching.

Except he was pushed from the side-front. Here's a frame just before the push -- McGlocton approached from the side straight down the sidewalk, veered a little in front of Drejka and then pushed him from quartering angle:

View attachment 488741

Another thing I noticed when watching the video frame by frame, was that McGlocton didn't start retreating when the gun was pointed at him, he started retreating BEFORE the gun was drawn -- his retreat started when he saw Drejka reaching.

When you watched it frame by frame did you watch him hike up his pants too which is universal thug for "beat down about to commence"

This was not a "fight", but an assault. What does McGlockton do after pushing Drejka the first time? He lifts his shorts again and moves closer. As I said before, without a clear indicator such as running away, hands up or a verbal surrender, Drejka thinks that the attack is still in progress. While it is easy for us to see from a third party perspective, McGlockton take a step and a half back after the pistol comes out, vertical movement is difficult to estimate, especially if you are on the ground after being pushed.

This is like the "You shot him in the back" outcry. The time between the decision to pull the trigger in response to being attacked and the bullet leaving the muzzle is delayed under stress.

This is not a Stand Your Ground case as the defender was on his butt and had no opportunity to retreat.

Too much time elapses from when he presents and fires the shot. The victim turned away when he saw the gun and was quartering away.

I've been in situations where things went brown real fast and can't say that anyone involved took that kind of time to decide to shoot.

When you watched it frame by frame did you watch him hike up his pants too which is universal thug for "beat down about to commence"

Yes. McGlocton pulls up his pants, then he sees Drejka reaching and comes to an abrupt halt. While Drejka is digging for his gun, McGlockton is already retreating. McGlocton covers 2/3 to 3/4 of the distance backward toward his car when Drejka finally has the gun aimed at him, and he has backed up to almost touching the car and is in the process of turning in the direction of the store when Drejka fires.

Download a video from youtube and go frame by frame yourself with a video editor or viewer that will allow that.

Too much time elapses from when he presents and fires the shot. The victim turned away when he saw the gun and was quartering away.

I've been in situations where things went brown real fast and can't say that anyone involved took that kind of time to decide to shoot.

Three things you have to take into account:

The "news" has been slowing down the playback to make it look like the shooter had over two seconds to think about it, when the liveleak uninterrupted video only shows 1.25 seconds between getting on target and the shot.

Since it takes about a quarter second between the decision and the action to shoot, that only left the guy on the ground one second to decide if he is still under attack or not.

The guy on the ground is processing information at a much slower rate after the sneak attack.

Prior posts by yourself have indicated that you commented without even watching the video.
Not correct. I most certainly did watch it. If I mis-typed, then I apologize.

Bottom line is that these laws are controversial at best, bad at worst and this fellow's actions were clearly not prudential.

Yes. McGlocton pulls up his pants, then he sees Drejka reaching and comes to an abrupt halt. While Drejka is digging for his gun, McGlockton is already retreating. McGlocton covers 2/3 to 3/4 of the distance backward toward his car when Drejka finally has the gun aimed at him, and he has backed up to almost touching the car and is in the process of turning in the direction of the store when Drejka fires.

Download a video from youtube and go frame by frame yourself with a video editor or viewer that will allow that.

It is hard to tell since Mr Blue shirt is blocking the view of Drejka's draw. Have you ever seen the "shot in the back" video demo where a perp does a quick attack and run? I think it was a law enforcement demo used to show that cop was in the process of firing while the perp spun around to run. I believe that is what happened here with Drejka responding to the leg movement thinking it was a kick.

Remember, nothing that happened before the assault / push matters.

And you're expecting a guy who was just blindsided unprovoked to completely process all these things as analytically as many people here have with a level head and software to see each frame of the incident without tunnel vision as many people have in fight or flight scenarios.

It's a joke.

Had this not been made into another race war news propaganda piece, it likely wouldn't have made the news.

Not correct. I most certainly did watch it. If I mis-typed, then I apologize.

Bottom line is that these laws are controversial at best, bad at worst and this fellow's actions were clearly not prudential.

Yep, criminals hate being shot, it's true. Stand your ground is only controversial to people who are assaulting others. Being around guns constantly, but not assaulting other people, I never worry one bit.

Here are a few frames from the part you mention -- adjusting shorts bit. It is the closest approach McGlockton made and I marked it in red. You can see clearly that McGlockton is retreating while Drejka is digging for his gun. The second to last frame with the gun is not the first frame in which it is visible, but it is what appears to me the first frame in which it is aimed and steady.

Adjusts pants:
b1.jpg
Sees reaching -- in the video you can see McGlocton do a WTF stop:
b2.jpg
Moves back while Drejka digs:
b3.jpg
Keeps moving back as gun is drawn:
b4.jpg
Still moving back when gun is leveled:
b5.jpg
First frame in which McGlocton is reacting from being shot:
b6.jpg

Here are a few frames from the part you mention -- adjusting shorts bit. It is the closest approach McGlockton made and I marked it in red. You can see clearly that McGlockton is retreating while Drejka is digging for his gun. The second to last frame with the gun is not the first frame in which it is visible, but it is what appears to me the first frame in which it is aimed and steady.

Adjusts pants:
View attachment 488743
Sees reaching -- in the video you can see McGlocton do a WTF stop:
View attachment 488744
Moves back while Drejka digs:
View attachment 488745
Keeps moving back as gun is drawn:
View attachment 488746
Still moving back when gun is leveled:
View attachment 488747
First frame in which McGlocton is reacting from being shot:
View attachment 488748

That's your take, here's another:

Except he was pushed from the side-front. Here's a frame just before the push -- McGlocton approached from the side straight down the sidewalk, veered a little in front of Drejka and then pushed him from quartering angle

Also notice the woman get out of her vehicle to confront Drejka. Now all of his attention is focused on her and he does not see McGlocton walk up to blindside him.

I can tell you from my own fall this winter which dislocated a finger, adrenaline can seriously F up your logic. As I am heading to the ground I think "this is just like what happened to me 20 years ago when I dislocated my shoulder. I don't want that to happen again" Instead of twisting so I slide downslope on my arm, I fall forward. At the last moment I think "Oh bubblegum, my face" and raise my hand, then land on my pinkie. A bad decision under stress. I get up and of course ask myself "Could I hit a pie plate at 7 yards right now? Sure I feel fine" then I notice that my pinkie is bent into a Z shape.

Also were Drejka's glasses knocked off?

Three things you have to take into account:

The "news" has been slowing down the playback to make it look like the shooter had over two seconds to think about it, when the liveleak uninterrupted video only shows 1.25 seconds between getting on target and the shot.

Since it takes about a quarter second between the decision and the action to shoot, that only left the guy on the ground one second to decide if he is still under attack or not.

The guy on the ground is processing information at a much slower rate after the sneak attack.

1.25 seconds with your gun in your hand is an eternity.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top