JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That "push" looked like an mma move. Two hands. From behind without warning with great force. Sent recipient flying several feet and landing on his side on concrete. Recipient was older. Could have cracked his skull, broken bones, or broken his neck. It was an assault. Yes, a push is an assault, whether guys in bars or elsewhere sometimes get away with it or not. Did it "deserve" the death penalty? No. Do people who commit assaults on those they consider helpless sometimes start something that results in worse results for them than they "deserve"? Yes.
It appears that the shooter has a race problem, and an authority problem, and many other problems. He started it and to me it appears that he simply wanted to kill a black man. It doesn't pass the sniff test.

Thank you...
D&D at my house tonight....Mom is bowling and she said we could have the kitchen table....:p:D
Andy

I am glad someone got the "roll 20s" reference, because the only dice game I'm familiar with is Craps, and "does not compute" was what I came up with. Mom wouldn't let me play D&D because it was "of the devil." Didn't stop me from play lots of other games. :p

Nope, I just don't go around playing vigilante cop. Especially since I carry daily. A handicap spot isn't harming me or my family. :rolleyes:

Agreed. A very good friend of the Mrs is married to one of the nicest guys you'd ever know. He's handicapped due to a horrific car accident. I remember one time we went out for dinner and some nozzle blocked a handicap spot. Annoying for our friend, and I made a (eh-hem) colorful remark to the others in our party, but it sure as hell wasn't worth getting into a gun fight over.

It appears that the shooter has a race problem, and an authority problem, and many other problems. He started it and to me it appears that he simply wanted to kill a black man. It doesn't pass the sniff test.

Of course the outrage crowd is coming out of the woodwork to say "He said the N word". If the shooter was going around threatening to kill black people, why was it not ever reported to the police. If the store owner, who must be scared bubblegumless about getting looted if he dares to misspeak, said the shooter was such a big nuisance then why not have him trespasses weeks or months ago.

No it is these after the fact hearsay accounts of wrongdoing that do not pass the smell test.

For the love of god...please spell and grammar check your posts....JC

If you shoot someone, it will have everything to do with court.
And again, if asked by LEO (or the DA in court)...do NOT say, "it's about Asses that think they can do whatever they want".

Please go back to post 148. Please try and keep up.

I only watched the vid. IMO, the shooter set up a legal murder. He chose to enforce the law himself. He chose the location. He went armed. He chose the man to dispute with. He chose to shoot a man who had indeed pushed him, but who was just standing there. Gotta go with the victim's family and the prosecutor on this one.

I only watched the vid. IMO, the shooter set up a legal murder. He chose to enforce the law himself. He chose the location. He went armed. He chose the man to dispute with. He chose to shoot a man who had indeed pushed him, but who was just standing there. Gotta go with the victim's family and the prosecutor on this one.

How can you say he chose the man to dispute with. The shooter did not even know the guy was there until he blind sided him.

How can you say he chose the man to dispute with. The shooter did not even know the guy was there until he blind sided him.

Yeah, but he sure knew the wife was there and was setting her straight on her choice of parking spots.

Lets look at this from a hypothetical position, as in the case of a question that is often asked on this forum which is 'Would you intervene?' So the question is 'this situation' and 'YOU' are Drejka. Would you (as a responsible CHL) have approached the woman about the parking situation? My answer is easy (and much like the Taco Bell drive through question Sunday) A big NO, and I would like to think those that answer no believe Drejka was wrong.
Another issue here that seems to be overlooked (unless I missed it) is Drejka was NOT intervening to save a life, stop a robbery etc. What he DID was to instigate something from what was a non-violent action to begin with - and I'll bet the prosecution will not overlook this part.
He, in effect, threw the 'first punch' and created a crime from what started out as a simple parking infraction.
I'll bet anyone a bottle of their favorite he loses this one.

Yeah, but he sure knew the wife was there and was setting her straight on her choice of parking spots.
NOT HIS WIFE! And if you go back and read news reports. You will find by there ages and the oldest son's age. She was under 18 when he got her pregnant and he was over 18 which made him a statutory rapist. Nice guy alright.

1. Not the first time this hothead has done this.
2. He chose to take a civil code enforcement into his own hands. Not even a crime.
3. He chose the location.
4. He chose to confront the man instead of calling 911.
5. He chose not to advise or involve the store employee, who had legal authority over the premises.
6. He chose the particular man to confront.
7. He chose to use deadly force against a man who had committed a misdemeanor and was just standing there - with his child.
8. Was that the only parking space? Never mind if it was handicapped. There were other, possibly CLOSER spaces open, if hothead couldn't get his favorite handicap space.
9. He chose everything to do with this. It was all under his control. That hints at premeditation. If he feared for his life, it was because hothead willingly and knowingly placed his own life in jeopardy.
10. Was hothead's fear reasonable and justified?
11. Was his use of deadly force justified?

A jury will decide.

NOT HIS WIFE! And if you go back and read news reports. You will find by there ages and the oldest son's age. She was under 18 when he got her pregnant and he was over 18 which made him a statutory rapist. Nice guy alright.

Wow, you spend so much energy demonizing the victim without even considering the shooter's role. I never claimed the dead guy was a good guy. I left that off the table on purpose, because the dead guy's past in no way matters here. What matters is this incident, not how old his girlfriend was when she got pregnant or any other things you want to bring up.

2. He chose to take a civil code enforcement into his own hands. Not even a crime.
5. He chose not to advise or involve the store employee, who had legal authority over the premises.
7. He chose to use deadly force against a man who had committed a misdemeanor and was just standing there - with his child.
8. Was that the only parking space? Never mind if it was handicapped. There were other, possibly CLOSER spaces open, if hothead couldn't get his favorite handicap space.
9. He chose everything to do with this. It was all under his control. That hints at premeditation. If he feared for his life, it was because hothead willingly and knowingly placed his own life in jeopardy.

A jury will decide.

A jury will decide.

4. He did not confront the man. The man attack him from behind.

Wow, you spend so much energy demonizing the victim without even considering the shooter's role. I never claimed the dead guy was a good guy. I left that off the table on purpose, because the dead guy's past in no way matters here. What matters is this incident, not how old his girlfriend was when she got pregnant or any other things you want to bring up.

Well make clear what the facts of what you are saying are right.

Wow, you spend so much energy demonizing the victim without even considering the shooter's role.
Exactly -
Truth is never a defense in court. It doesn't matter who or what he is, was or may have been or done - Drejka is the one who shot and is being charged.

Ok, it wasn't his wife, it was his girlfriend. Is that better?

I have never said either one of them are good guys. They were both looking for trouble. Both hot heads. One is dead the other is going to have to fight it out in court. You have your opinion and I have mine. So lets let it go.:)

Dang I want to hang with you...

The ironic part is , that I would gladly play some old school D&D...
I have the first editions of the :
Players handbook...
Dungeon Masters Guide...
Monster Manual...
Fiend Folio...
Some Modules...
And dice...

All I need now are some nerdy friends who want to play....well maybe I ought to get some friends of any kind first...:D

And now back to this wonderful thread....:rolleyes:
Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top