JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That dudes life is over. Stand your ground over a parking spot? Better to choose a different battle.

And yeah, I read he has had 4 other incidents with his firearm. Dude was out playing cowboy cop. Reminds me of Zimmerman.

IMO, we as CHL holders NEED to hold ourselves to a higher reguard than the general population. if that guy got heated over a parking spot he shouldnt have been carrying with that sort of temperament to begin with.

That dudes life is over. Stand your ground over a parking spot? Better to choose a different battle.

The guy is an idiot. That's not illegal and completely irrelevant. What is relevant is everything that happened between when the deceased placed his hands on the shooter, and the shot.

I have a hard time believing there will be a conviction in this case.

Also, it has nothing to do with "stand your ground" once you've been violently thrown to the ground. That is just drummed up noise by the ones who would like to make the duty to retreat a spot you are lawfully in, a reality.

Agreed. I doubt there will be a conviction. I'm not sure of Florida but I think he won't be civilly liable if he's acquitted of criminal charges as well.

As dumb as he was, I think he was in his legal rights to pull the trigger. It looks like we'll know if 12 people from Florida agree or disagree with us.

Like @Certaindeaf said, I hope he wasn't using killer handloads or a light trigger. Maybe even extra deadly 10mm :eek:

IMO, we as CHL holders NEED to hold ourselves to a higher reguard than the general population. if that guy got heated over a parking spot he shouldnt have been carrying with that sort of temperament to begin with.

THIS. All day long this. If he kept his mouth shut, he wouldn't be in jail now.

The guy is an idiot. That's not illegal and completely irrelevant. What is relevant is everything that happened between when the deceased placed his hands on the shooter, and the shot.

Also, it has nothing to do with "stand your ground" once you've been violently thrown to the ground. That is just drummed up noise by the ones who would like to make the duty to retreat a spot you are lawfully in, a reality.

Like said when the force was started is where crime started. The parking and argument has nothing to do with it. If I was on the jury I would not convict. It was a bad shoot but the guy was totally caught off guard and protected himself.

Being Florida he will probably get off. He initiated the problem. I doubt he was polite. Over reactions abounded. Wasn't worth it. Two lives potential lost.

Like said when the force was started is where crime started. The parking and argument has nothing to do with it. If I was on the jury I would not convict. It was a bad shoot but the guy was totally caught off guard and protected himself.

Is it? If you are an aggressor in FL, do you get to use the self-defense defense in your trial? If Person A is yelling at Person B, might Person C who comes on it in the middle think Person A is the aggressor and exercise defense of others? Assuming Person C is determined to be the initial aggressor (and it matters), If Person C is backing away when the gun is drawn, has Person C withdrawn from the conflict sufficiently to preclude Person A from shooting him?

Ultimately, this guy just bought himself a ticket to the Courthouse Lottery and I don't think anyone can predict the outcome here any more than a dice roll. If I was on the jury, I'd probably convict because Glockton had clearly disengaged, at least to my eyes. So the first dice roll this guy faces is who gets on his jury.

If a guy pushes you down and continues to come after you, sure you're standing your ground. If he tosses you to the ground and disengages, its revenge.

Don't know enough facts, the video (may) have been "edited" to slow the time between the push down and the shot, IDK! It says something that the Sheriff refused to press charges after a full review of the evidence! The D.A. is bucking for something, and the "Famous" prosecutor for the Travon Martian case is on the scene! Plus you got the whole Woe is Me black community involved and footing the bill! Regardless, this dudes life is over, he is Guilty irregardless of any legal outcome!

If a guy pushes you down and continues to come after you, sure you're standing your ground. If he tosses you to the ground and disengages, its revenge.

Agree with one quibble -- SYG means you do not have a duty to retreat when retreat is possible. If you've been pushed to the ground, SYG doesn't come into play because retreat is impossible and even states that impose a duty to retreat would likely recognize that.

Is it? If you are an aggressor in FL, do you get to use the self-defense defense in your trial? If Person A is yelling at Person B, might Person C who comes on it in the middle think Person A is the aggressor and exercise defense of others? Assuming Person C is determined to be the initial aggressor (and it matters), If Person C is backing away when the gun is drawn, has Person C withdrawn from the conflict sufficiently to preclude Person A from shooting him?

Ultimately, this guy just bought himself a ticket to the Courthouse Lottery and I don't think anyone can predict the outcome here any more than a dice roll. If I was on the jury, I'd probably convict because Glockton had clearly disengaged, at least to my eyes. So the first dice roll this guy faces is who gets on his jury.

This is why you have to really think about whether force is reasonable and necessary. Just checking a few boxes im your head that say you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.

I don't think anyone can predict the outcome here any more than a dice roll.

I don't know. I think it's a bit firmer than a dice roll. Sheriff didn't want to make an arrest and it required state AG to make a call to indict the guy. Obviously under political pressure.

Pinellas county appears to be purple but maybe there will be a motion to move the case somewhere a shade bluer.

Agree with one quibble -- SYG means you do not have a duty to retreat when retreat is possible. If you've been pushed to the ground, SYG doesn't come into play because retreat is impossible and even states that impose a duty to retreat would likely recognize that.

I agree. You still have to be reasonable. I had a guy in cuffs that kicked me in the shin while being walked to my car. I couldn't kick him back because it wasn't reasonable or necessary since he was already in restraints.

Good thing he had long hair :)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads