JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was wondering if anyone knows if by putting an end cap on the shockwave pistol brace would void any legalities in reguards to it being a pistol brace. my thoughs are to buy an end cap from the hardware store and block off the end of it so i can store my atf letter and cleaning supplies in it

I wouldn't modify it at all. But if you did, make it easy to get out and stow away.
BossHoggUSMC on You Tube has a video about the Sig variant that's enlightening.

Technically, and in order to be absolutely safe, you may not want to do that. The ATF letter is written based on EXACTLY on the product as it was created. From my understanding, what would affect the legal status of it would be anything that would be interpreted as making it more suitable to shoulder. I could definitely see an overzealous agent seeing tampering with the end of the brace as an attempt to do so. I suppose you could draw up what you want to do and ask the ATF about it in a letter, but with their pace of work, you might as well go the SBR route. Now, were you to tie something to the side of the brace, that would be less likely in my assessment of the situation. However, if you want to be certain, don't tinker with it at all.

It's a real shame we live in a country where such trivialities cause us even minor concern. I don't like having to even admit this, and just so you know, I would be the first to say "[Foxtrot] the government," particularly in matters like this.

I have a Shockwave brace on my CZ Scorpion :)

Last Edited:
im just lookin to do somethin like this :

IMG_2739.JPG

I wonder if you could do something like this - place a strip or two of the 'fuzzy' side of adhesive velcro strips. Then find a small container, like an old film container, etc. that will fit in the hole, with the velcro providing some friction to hold it in place. Then you can easily remove it without making any permanent modification to the device. Now, I don't know if that would violate anything with the ATF, but it seems it's not any kind of permanent modification or alteration, so maybe it would be okay.

yeah i guess a cap like that can be found at lowes in the hardware section. if i were to guess, i would say its an 1 1/4 cap. ive been told they come chrome and must be painted to desired color after some 600 grit to rough it up a bit.

Lets call it a "plug" .....make a difference? ATF WOULD USE DISCRETION AT BEST. NO CONTACT IS GOOD CONTACT?

All jokes aside just be sure its easy to adapt. idea love the effect...

IM pretty sure you'll be okay. Talked to a Washington County Sheriff on these and other types of ATF run arounds recently. This is not legal advice, but he said it is highly unlikely anything would be done if a Sheriff pulled in on your shooting spot and you had an illegal full auto much less shouldering a brace or some unknown alteration that is against the SBR law AOW law as well as 992 compliance. He also mentioned that most gun owners govern themselves better than the law enforcement officers. IE they get more calls in on folks seeing something that might be illegal from gun owners than he has heard of from deputies seeing or regulating out in the woods at shooting spots. Their is really only two deputies designated to Tillamook State Forest, they are somewhat up to date on all the little ATF stupidities, per our conversation, however he stated that these deities rarely interact with shooters in regards to the legality of what they are shooting. Mostly they are concerned with where or what as well as how your shooting.

I considered and end cap, then considered the amount of limited space enclosed. It's not much. A little thinking, maybe a plastic cigar tube attached to the side, would be the better option. The cigar tubes could also be attached to the side of a railed hand guard. Thinking out loud is all.

i shoot on private land only so i think i should be good. its more of a moral thing than a getting caught thing. i want to be law abiding with federal gun laws.

i could care less about sb941. just saying

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads