JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just wondering do I just box it up and take to ups store? Do you tell the shipping company what's in the box? The supplier instructions were vague. Did say us mail only if ffl. I searched forum but didn't see. Probably there and missed it.

last time a shipped a gun for warranty work," u.p.s." i was told to not put anything on the outside of the box, that would indicate there was a rifle inside, also not to put the name of the company on the box,, only the address. not due to regulations, but because the firearms company had been having a problem with rifles disappearing inbound for warranty work, being stolen somewhere in the u.p.s. system.

I always use usps to ship long guns with no issues. You are not required to declare it as a firearm and the maufacture has an FFL. Just package it up well with bubble wrap and newspaper take it to usps and ship it.

USPS can ship long guns no problem, either to yourself, to an FFL, or to the manufacturer for warranty work. Should be no issue, if you get flak at the counter, kindly ask for a manager.

Handguns have to go contract carrier (UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.).

last time a shipped a gun for warranty work," u.p.s." i was told to not put anything on the outside of the box, that would indicate there was a rifle inside, also not to put the name of the company on the box,, only the address. not due to regulations, but because the firearms company had been having a problem with rifles disappearing inbound for warranty work, being stolen somewhere in the u.p.s. system.

I believe it is against the law to mark the outside of the box, at the very least against company regulation. UPS is the most reliable way to ship, I wouldn't trust the postal service as far as I could throw one of their overweight employees.

I have shipped many hundreds of guns UPS (in the 90's) NEVER had any problems with "lost" shipments.

I've shipped two rifles via UPS. One I had a preprinted label and dropped it off at the UPS store. This one was being shipped to an FFL in Idaho. The 2nd one I tried to ship it insured from a UPS store and they wouldn't accept it. I had to take it to the UPS Hub (distribution center) but they handled it and insured it with no problem. This one was going back for warranty work and Kimber even told me I had to take it to a Hub.

shipped a 77/44 to have it converted to suppressed mode. brought it down to UPS hub (not the rinky dink mall shacks).
the guy was *extremely* helpful who said confidently, "no worries, I know exactly what you need". I was out the door
in less than 10 mins (overnight, insured, tracked, etc). I packed it in cheap plastic/foam rifle case and put that inside
a cut down bicycle box. C2 Tom Denall had it in his hands in about 22 hrs.

Thanks all I shipped ups Friday. 25 bucks for ground to MN. I had ordered a gun case from amazon so I packed it in there and used the box the case came in. I through it on the brown truck at work. 1 tip. ask driver to scan in at truck. Work lost some computers a while back that were never scanned at the truck. They apperantly were never scanned it hub. Thanks again all my next delima will be ammo posted on gb. Thanks again

If'n I disremember correctly, Fed law requires that you inform the carrier (USPS, UPS, etc) that it is a firearm, but that you cannot mark on the container in any way that a firearm is in the container.

Now, I have to find the book and look it up for sure. (I get a CD with the regs on it every time I renew my FFL or there is a change in laws).....

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top