JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Today while doing a bit of remodeling to the interior of my safe, one of my shelves decided to fall. The clips failed. The design (due to the weight) allowed them to compress, and disconnect from the tracks. Mild steel garbage. They look like the image.

clp02.jpg
I'm looking for something stronger. Something that does not have the ability to compress under weight.

Suggestions for better replacements?

Worse case, I'll have to change out the tracks and upgrade for a better shelving system. I'm trying to avoid that if I can.

Last Edited:
Know someone with a welder? Fill the gap with a bead close to the wider area, that will fix the collapsing issue. It doesn't need to be all filled just in the center where the tips go in the brackets.

Know someone with a welder? Fill the gap with a bead close to the wider area, that will fix the collapsing issue. It doesn't need to be all filled just in the center where the tips go in the brackets.
Considering the clips need to be in place, welding? is not a good option.

If you have a drill and a tap...?

View attachment 298270

Parts are on hand for a modification as you mention. I'll keep it in mind.
I thought about making a wedge to slip inside the gap. It would have the same effect.
Axe Head Wedges, or out of a hardwood I think may work.
008236152722lg.jpg

Thanks for the replies

After a bit of thinking, a simple fix.
A plastic screw plug that's used for Sheetrock was pushed into the wedge of the clip.
Like the blue one. No screw was needed, although optional.
Done deal.
plastic1.jpg

I say this idea for the win.
That idea would work well. Drill, then tap (thread) the top portion of the clip only. Drill out the bottom of the clip slightly larger so to float the hole, then add a nut to adjust the spread.

Meh, I got it sorted.

What is the track screwed to?
My cheap safe has the track lightly screwed to the sheet rock walls.
It's not very strong and tends to bow.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads