JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was fortunate to have the opportunity to hunt corsican sheep with my kids and a friend son. Was one of the best experiences I will treasure in my old age, I am sure. The smiles on their faces says it all.

We hunted a ranch near Colville, WA, and the kids earned their sheep. "Its why they call it hunting and not shopping" I told them as we climbed the hills over and over again.

Both daughters connected, so our range time bore fruit. My oldest, hunts with me for upland game, but the youngest daughter never hunted- think she may have been bitten by the hunting excitement bug!

Anyway, wanted to share my joy of watching my daughters excitment in their first big game hunt- enjoy the picture.:D

100_1515.jpg

To me this is what it is all about. Getting out therewith family and friends. Anymore I dont care if I get anything or not. Just being in the outdoors and the memories you come away with.

Was fortunate to have the opportunity to hunt corsican sheep with my kids and a friend son.

So I have a question, asked out of complete and utter ignorance (I'm not a hunter): what do you do with a dead corsican sheep?

Eat it? I'm guessing adult corsican sheep doesn't taste much like lamb ;-)

I imagine you can mount the head, and perhaps use the wool...?

I'm just curious.

To Raindog- To answer your legitimate questions- I hunt only what I will eat- so yes, we'll have ~100lbs of sheep meat to eat. I expect to get it from the butcher within the week. Am also getting the heads mounted so my daughters can tell their grandchildren what they did when the government still allowed us to have guns and eat meat.:s0114:

Tanner Owner, if you dont have a spare refigerator to hold the meat then I am more happy to keep some for you at my home refigerator :)

Oh can I call you dad? Next hunting can you take me along? :)

Resurrecting this thread- youngest daughter was bitten by the hunting bug and has gone both deer & bird hunting with me this fall. Looking forward to next season & hope for her success. Success brings the biggest smiles in the kids I've had the peasure to hunt with (both mine and children of my friends).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top