JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Holy cow, I was thinking of the designation on the drivers license thing just last night. I didn't think any of the senators would have time to amend the bill before it was crammed through. This makes the bill much harder to be against, as there is no registration possibility. The law will just have to be worded in such a way that requires someone surrender their "clean" ID when their status changes.

Agreed @Jabba

Though with licenses expiring every.... 45 years now days, you would have to be near a renewal.
I guess you can't have a provision of a felon requiring ID renewal every 4 years like we have on our CHL's eh? That would just be an extra burden on them. I mean they can't vote anyway so what good is that ID besides to drive and show they are legal age to drink?

Then where lies the burden of proof.... on us or them? I assume that if you were to complete a sale with somebody and they showed you a valid ID with no restrictions and you sold it to them, but it wasn't their current ID...

Heck they just need to have a registry of FELONS in Oregon where you can go and type in the ODL or ID# into a database oregon.gov/feloncheck/ and simple, has a form you enter the numbers in it comes back "clear" or "restricted", how simple would that be?

Don't need an ID stamp, have it so somebody can check...

You guys that are born and raised here and want to leave are a bunch of cry babies. I'm an Oregon transplant and have more fire to fight this than all of you combined. Stop behaving like school girls, get off your butts and contribute to the ongoing opposition efforts.
Let me guess a transplant from Kalifornia?...........20 yrs ago I am sure they were spewing the same rhetoric down south...........There are way too many things in addition to overly restrictive gun laws in this state that have swayed me to leave. I will continue to do my part by actively contacting my state representatives/senators but it's obvious where this state is headed:mad::mad::mad:............GFT is the only thing important to me anymore!

Well Thatcher withdrew the "felon" on your DL amendment and now has an amendment that will make the SELLER a felon for selling a gun to someone who is not supposed to have it. So, it won't require background checks, but if you sell a gun to Fred, and 45 years ago Fred smacked the crap out of his wife, YOU are going to prison. Kim Thatcher may have good intentions, but that's like the dumbest bubbleguming thing I've ever heard of.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews