JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
so does anyone plan on complying with this once in place?

Actually no.

I plan to leave the state.

I was born here and swore I would die here, but this disgusts me so much I will leave if it passes.

The hurry up and pass it while no one is looking, and even if they are, do it anyway Obama style crap is going too far.

I will head for one of the last bastions of pseudo-freedom that still exists.

I just sent this open letter, wanted to let them know how I feel

The real agenda for this bill is the eventual confiscation of all guns from private citizens. Gun control for the left has been on the agenda for decades but the pesky 2nd amendment is in the way.

It would be great if the leftist democrats in the Oregon Legislation would just tell the truth. Removing all guns from private citizens is the goal. You do not believe anyone should have a gun unless they are of importance to the left. You get to decide who can protect themselves and who can't. You get to pick winners and losers, this is the leftist agenda.

The first step is universal background check (SB941). The next step is registration. The next step is confiscation. This is why pro gun citizens are against this bill. Just own it and say it. Oh, that honesty won't win elections, so you have to pretend you want to protect gun rights and our safety, universal background checks are the way to do it. If you are in favor of enforcing the current laws and developing common sense measures I am all for it.

This bill will not prevent criminals from obtaining guns, they don't need background checks. They know the current laws prevent them from ownership regardless of how they obtain them.

I have a right to self- defense from violent crime. This right did not come from Oregon laws. I have a right to not be a victim if violent crime. Police cannot protect me against violent crime, so it is my responsibility. You intend to take away that right. Not now, but it is clear this is your intention, although you will not admit it due to the need to keep power.

If you run an election campaign, even in Oregon, with the platform of confiscating all guns from private ownership, you will not be elected. If your motives are ever made clear you will lose power. So keep it up and don't let on your real intention, just keep saying it is for safety, maybe some will not catch on.

Oregon Citizen

I have 5 yrs left of employment w/ an agency of the state of Oregon. I wish I could stay until then but I am afraid this will be "the straw that breaks the camels back". I am preparing my wife for a move to the American Redoubt. I too was born and raised here (N. Central Ore.) and like a lot of things about this state but I cannot tolerate the direction the libtards are taking us...........everyone has their breaking point, mine is quickly approaching:(

Actually no.

I plan to leave the state.

I was born here and swore I would die here, but this disgusts me so much I will leave if it passes.

The hurry up and pass it while no one is looking, and even if they are, do it anyway Obama style crap is going too far.

I will head for one of the last bastions of pseudo-freedom that still exists.
Same here, and I feel sick to my stomach that I am essentially being forced to choose where I will move to. Idaho and Texas look nice, but there is nothing like Oregon. And these idiots are ruining our state and taking it from us. Why can't people just leave me alone? I don't bother them.....

So when is this projected to actually become law?
It goes to the House of Representatives after approval by the Senate. I don't know the time-frame but I'd get writing your Rep tonight!
If your Rep's political slant puts him in the Anti-Gun side then I'd only suggest to him/her, a re-write of the worst parts of this Bill that criminalize temporary transfers between friends. A friend should be able to hand you or lend you a gun anywhere at anytime where guns are legal without breaking the law. You should be able to secure a friends a gun for safe keeping.
They say the majority of Oregonians want UBC for purchases. I think that's BS but if UBC is all they want why are they OVERREACHING with this nonsense?

WRITE THEM, CALL THEM, LESSEN THE BLOW! It still has to pass the House.

So the 6 day comment period concluded today? They added a f&$7ing emergency clause? Are you kidding me? I guess that's what people that perceive they are untouchable do.

Utah & Arizona are good.
sucks the big beautiful rural state of Oregon has to be ran by Portland/Eugene willamette valley, it's a big state and it ain't right to force this Marxist philosophy on everyone, eastern Oregon is amazing, southern northern and western to oats a damned shame we have to go through this. I've been trying to get everyone around me to join OFF asap and write letters but some people just don't care they can't see what this SB 941 really means, it's a shame nowadays grown men are more concerned with the football or basketball score than they are with preserving liberty, they'll watch a tv series religiously but won't give a damn when communists legislate their God given rights into oblivion.
Keep up the recall efforts guys this is the best news I've heard in weeks! Im in clackamas county I wish I could sign that recall petition though real bad!

so does anyone plan on complying with this once in place?
If you are caught in possession of, or try and legally sell a gun manufactured after mid April 2015, it will be in a Data base as being first purchased by someone.
If you are caught in possession of, or try and legally sell an older gun that has been legally traded/sold after mid April 2015 it will also be in a Data base as being last purchased by SOMEONE.
That someone better be YOU! If you knew the history of a gun prior to and after mid April 2015 and it had no prior sales records bill of sale etc. then I guess you could not be caught.

I follow the Law though.

If you are caught in possession of, or try and legally sell a gun manufactured after mid April 2015, it will be in a Data base as being first purchased by someone.
If you are caught in possession of, or try and legally sell an older gun that has been legally traded/sold after mid April 2015 it will also be in a Data base as being last purchased by SOMEONE.
That someone better be YOU! If you knew the history of a gun prior to and after mid April 2015 and it had no prior sales records bill of sale etc. then I guess you could not be caught.

I follow the Law though.
I follow all constitutional laws as well.....guess this won't be a problem when I am forced to move out of state because a hobby of mine now requires constant paperwork (minus the form 4's and form 1's I already have.). I am pretty vindictive though so if we need some type of person to do recalls I will do all of it since I am a student and have a bunch of time on my hands.

I watched the video but had to stop. It was just too frustrating. Prozanski is quite the douchebag. You could just see the lawyer ooze out of him. It was really quite sad watching him question question Sheriff Palmer.

He was basically asking why we would not do everything possible to limit a felon access to a firearm. So absolute. Where does that stop? background checks? registration? cameras in the home? report your neighbor to the SS, concentration camps?

Seriously, he is a sith. Senator Palpitine in the flesh.

Utah & Arizona are good.
sucks the big beautiful rural state of Oregon has to be ran by Portland/Eugene willamette valley, it's a big state and it ain't right to force this Marxist philosophy on everyone, eastern Oregon is amazing, southern northern and western to oats a damned shame we have to go through this. I've been trying to get everyone around me to join OFF asap and write letters but some people just don't care they can't see what this SB 941 really means, it's a shame nowadays grown men are more concerned with the football or basketball score than they are with preserving liberty, they'll watch a tv series religiously but won't give a damn when communists legislate their God given rights into oblivion.
Keep up the recall efforts guys this is the best news I've heard in weeks! Im in clackamas county I wish I could sign that recall petition though real bad!

AGAIN Desertion is not the cure !!Instead of moving from Oregon,
get a Lot of good conservatives and patriots to move here and drive the libs out.

Why give up the best state in the US to a bunch of liberal leftists. We have everything here. Mountains, beaches, fishing, boating, hunting.

We need to take it back with a bang !

My gut level feeling is that we are witnessing bulldozing of SB 941 by some legislative psychopaths that are in charge of mauling citizens rights regardless of the cost to humanity.

I believe it was already digested and pooped out.
OK guys - I sent this to the hearing minutes link:[email protected] - this morning, along with the other longer one I wrote and sent yesterday. I just forwarded both of them to Senator Hatcher. [email protected]

"I'm a victim of Gun Violence too"

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Oregon State Senate,

Please take a moment to reflect on this:

My ex- wife's Grandfather, a beloved companion of many, took his life with a hunting rifle in his bathroom at home.
I helped clean up the physical aftermath, and coped with personal shock and grief as a result of his violent act.
I witnessed the effect his actions had on his friends and loved ones.

The emotional impact far outlasts the event.

I understand, and can empathize with those who are victims of these, and other types of firearms abuse - and who believe erroneously that UBC's will stop it.

I lost another friend, who was killed in a hunting accident; where he shot himself in the face while removing a loaded rifle from the truck rack - in front of his wife and small children.

Another example of abuse of a weapon.

Both individuals were licensed Oregon hunters with impeccable credentials, who would easily have passed the most stringent background check, if they ere required.A UBC would not have prevented this

As anyone who delves into true the history of mass killings, gun violence, and crime knows - the actions are perpetrated by individuals who circumvent laws - or are those in full compliance with existing statutes.

A person determined to wreak havoc will find a way to do it - no matter what laws are in place, or what devices are available. They will find a way do do violence and destruction..

History also teaches us that Prohibitions do not work to curb Lawlessness - but only increase Lawless Behaviors.

Please vote against SB 941.
Although it is well intended, I believe it will tend to become an expensive boondoggle of litigation and administration, and never solve the problems of those who put forth this legislation for a vote.

Thank you again for your attention, and consideration.

Sincerely, D.Ed Guinn

What the F? Why so many people giving up so easily? Life is hard, sometimes. And if one keeps running away from it, it somehow finds a way of following you. Stand and fight. I'm here to keep fighting. Especially for my kids, even though they are still too young to understand or appreciate it. Make the politicians lives miserable, not easier. Leaving/divide-n-conquer only helps their cause. Or before long you will be reading about "Arizona is the next hipster state for young upstarts from the Bay Area".

I'm not giving up; sent another email to all the Senator and the bulk of Reps in opposition. Please keep up the pressure and clamor! Thanks.

It's not over till it is over. Please be aggressive on this sb 941. Thanks. tkdguy

What the F? Why so many people giving up so easily? Life is hard, sometimes. And if one keeps running away from it, it somehow finds a way of following you. Stand and fight. I'm here to keep fighting. Especially for my kids, even though they are still too young to understand or appreciate it. Make the politicians lives miserable, not easier. Leaving/divide-n-conquer only helps their cause. Or before long you will be reading about "Arizona is the next hipster state for young upstarts from the Bay Area".

Not giving up here. Going to get a few of them fired before I am done

You guys that are born and raised here and want to leave are a bunch of cry babies. I'm an Oregon transplant and have more fire to fight this than all of you combined. Stop behaving like school girls, get off your butts and contribute to the ongoing opposition efforts.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top