JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It was a joke. Prozansky is a joke. I was there and you can tell no mater what you say, this bill will help with "gun violence" I wanted to ask how come the gun buy back is exempt. Remember if you are not for back ground checks then you are for felons and prohibited people from having firearms. For everyone that was there, I Thank you!

I am for dull rusty blade castrations of the treasonous prozac-skis and bloomberg shills .
Their right to breed needs to be infringed !

The Time limits alone show what they plan to do. It is Stallin/Mao/Adolph style politics, already done before they even vote. The people mean Sheite to them.. RECALL and bury these piles of dung.

Universal Background Check Bill Rushed Through Committee With Little Public Input

Salem, OR - Today, the Senate Judiciary Committee held a public hearing on Senate Bill 941 which would create a universal background check system in Oregon.

The bill will likely pass out of the Judiciary Committee on a party line vote on April 2nd, after being introduced on March 26th. This means that the bill will just have six business days for the public to submit comments. Only one day has been set aside to consider any changes to the bills.

"My office alone has received hundreds of calls and thousands of emails opposing SB 941," explained Senator Thatcher. "The bill is being unfairly rushed through the legislative process denying Oregonians their right to comment on the bill or to make any changes. We haven't even had enough time to read the hundreds of pieces of testimony submitted to the Legislature on the bill."

SB 941 is scheduled for a work session on April 2nd. If you would like to submit testimony on the bill you may email it to Jeff Rhoades, Judiciary Committee counsel by 5:00pm today. If you are not able to send your testimony in time, you may email it to Senator Thatcher's office.

Universal Background Check Bill Rushed Through Committee With Little Public Input

Salem, OR - Today, the Senate Judiciary Committee held a public hearing on Senate Bill 941 which would create a universal background check system in Oregon.

The bill will likely pass out of the Judiciary Committee on a party line vote on April 2nd, after being introduced on March 26th. This means that the bill will just have six business days for the public to submit comments. Only one day has been set aside to consider any changes to the bills.

"My office alone has received hundreds of calls and thousands of emails opposing SB 941," explained Senator Thatcher. "The bill is being unfairly rushed through the legislative process denying Oregonians their right to comment on the bill or to make any changes. We haven't even had enough time to read the hundreds of pieces of testimony submitted to the Legislature on the bill."

SB 941 is scheduled for a work session on April 2nd. If you would like to submit testimony on the bill you may email it to Jeff Rhoades, Judiciary Committee counsel by 5:00pm today. If you are not able to send your testimony in time, you may email it to Senator Thatcher's office.

EMPHASIS
on
SB 941 is scheduled for a work session on April 2nd. If you would like to submit testimony on the bill you may
email it to Jeff Rhoades, Judiciary Committee counsel by 5:00pm today. If you are not able to send your testimony in time, you may email it to Senator Thatcher's office.

I was running a little late, so didn't get to testify. But from what I heard/seen, if you were not there at 7am when the doors opened, your chances went down exponentially as the minutes ticket by.
The first thing I DID notice was the large white charter bus in the front. I asked someone inside and the (rumor) was that Sen. Gessler had chartered it. Nothing says "I'm grass roots" than non-paying members wearing free T-shirts, custom stickers and badges, and riding in couch buses.

I briefly saw a photo on my facebook feed showing an empty table for proponent testimony signups (1?), and a line around the corner for opposition signups. Of course, an equal number of pro/con testimony was given...
Overflow was handled by 2 conference rooms (B and C), and the hallway TVs had a large crowd as well. I was eventually able to find a seat in the main room about 2/3's thru testimony as people left.

The hardest part was listening to repeat testimony about "in states with background checks, police are killed 48% less often", or comparison to auto regulations and other things, when I not only knew it wasn't true, but I had graphs and analysis in by bag by my feet disproving it. In hind-sight I should have left copies "laying around" for people to pickup, if I wasn't going to be able to testify.

I did not hear (or get a chance to ask) about the effectiveness (or lack of) from the expanded gun-show background check in 2000. It was mentioned a couple of times,

There were clearly many, many people opposing the bill that signed up and didn't get a chance to speak. Last year (or was it the year before that) Prozanski at least held over for an extra 30 minutes. This year he seemed more eager to check the box and move on, even cutting off a few of the supporters at times. Burdick didn't so much as say a peep.

Thatchers Office:
[email protected]

And demand of Floyd that testimony be reviewed and "digested" before a vote in the committee, and/or schedule and additional public testimony.

I was running a little late, so didn't get to testify. But from what I heard/seen, if you were not there at 7am when the doors opened, your chances went down exponentially as the minutes ticket by.
The first thing I DID notice was the large white charter bus in the front. I asked someone inside and the (rumor) was that Sen. Gessler had chartered it. Nothing says "I'm grass roots" than non-paying members wearing free T-shirts, custom stickers and badges, and riding in couch buses.

I briefly saw a photo on my facebook feed showing an empty table for proponent testimony signups (1?), and a line around the corner for opposition signups. Of course, an equal number of pro/con testimony was given...
Overflow was handled by 2 conference rooms (B and C), and the hallway TVs had a large crowd as well. I was eventually able to find a seat in the main room about 2/3's thru testimony as people left.

The hardest part was listening to repeat testimony about "in states with background checks, police are killed 48% less often", or comparison to auto regulations and other things, when I not only knew it wasn't true, but I had graphs and analysis in by bag by my feet disproving it. In hind-sight I should have left copies "laying around" for people to pickup, if I wasn't going to be able to testify.

I did not hear (or get a chance to ask) about the effectiveness (or lack of) from the expanded gun-show background check in 2000. It was mentioned a couple of times,

There were clearly many, many people opposing the bill that signed up and didn't get a chance to speak. Last year (or was it the year before that) Prozanski at least held over for an extra 30 minutes. This year he seemed more eager to check the box and move on, even cutting off a few of the supporters at times. Burdick didn't so much as say a peep.

Yeah and Thatcher wanted to give them a chance to speak and the Prozac king shut her down..............:mad:

I believe it was already digested and pooped out.

A bottle of Immodium and Prozac-ski would explode in about 4 min....................That is how full of it he is.
Damn, I feel like Cujo looking for a piece of meat to rip apart...................Those "people" (loosely defined) are just plain hell on the BP.

Last Edited:
These guys have the power already. Seems like they faked a meeting hoping alot of antis were there just to make a spectacle out of a already done deal.
-- I'm surprised Oregon hasn't done this already. It's only been Democrat controlled for the last 30 years.
You can try to recall them but they know 2 things 1. Enough people support/dont care enough to try to take them out of power and 2. Once its law there is a snowballs chance in hell of it going back.

I live in a building a block from the capital, there are a few senators living here when its in session, I just spoke with Sen. Monroe and his wife as they were entering the building and I could tell from the way he was averting my eyes there was nothing I could say that would change how he felt about the issue.
We are so polarized from about half the population the best we could hope for is to influence the leaners. Go for the ones that have shown a semblance of sanity in previous issues and forget the rest its a lost cause.

I will not comply............problem is a lot of members here and abroad are fearful of the "guberment" so it will be difficult at best to find a willing seller/buyer.........For sale ads on this site will cease to exist basically.....

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top