JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And I think the guy who calls himself Rivverrat is (or was) part of the LEO's ...

No, never been, but I respect them for the job they do. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of LEO's out there who are jerks or on an ego trip. My take on life is that we all make compromises every day. Society could not survive without them. What I don't understand is why some people think that showing a LEO is contributing to an erosion of our civil rights. Many of those same people think that taxes are unconstitutional yet they pay their taxes just like everyone else( excepting some wealthy people who never pay any taxes ). I find that hypocritical. Maybe it's because they know that if they don't pay their taxes they will go to jail! I would bet that most would show their ID when push comes to shove.:)

Nobody called 911 in this situation ... And they couldn't say his weapon was loaded or not ... And the LEO was in plainclothes, maybe even off duty ... still he called 3 other LEO who were on duty and uniformed to harass the guy ...

How you know that no one called 911 is impressive as that information is rearly disclosed to protect the person reporting. A plain cloths officer or even an off duty officer should make contact when they see a person with a firearm. It should be a simple check to keep the public safe. Yes the officer called for back up, seems reasonable bofore contacting a person with a firearm. Don't see the harassment, all he had to do was show his ID and he would be on his way. Expect he will file a law suit (that in the end we will pay for if he wins) claiming his civil rights were violated, too bad he couldn't use the race card as well to pump up his law suit. The LEO's did nothing but make certian this guy should be packing a firearm in public, that I believe is part of there job.

Before you jump on the 2nd admendment right to bear rant, tell me you wouldn't get a bit on the edge if you saw a guy with a gun walking into a store. Do you assume everyone has that right and others should just assume the guy with a gun is a good person? Our world has changed, I don't know if the guy with a gun is coming back to his former employer to get even, his ex works there, he's on crack or his just tired of life. Should I just assume all is well? Even more should a LEO assume a person with a firearm isn't a threat with out checking them out? I have a lot of passion for my right to bear arms, all the same I understand there is a balance. I CC daily and azz hats like this do little to help.

That is what this is about 15 minutes of fame and a law suit. Let it ride out then tell me I'm wrong. In the end this guy will gain a few fans, a few minutes on the news and nothing more to show for being the azz hat he was. I expect he is already out of the news and calling every lawyer to make a case...not finding any takers.

Check out the last part of his post he posted on the OCDO forum.
Tom wrote----
So, about the improper postings. I've had a few myself. When Deros caught one or two of them he just sent me a PM respectfully explaining why it was a bad idea to post that way. I thanked him for the advice, and proceeded to edit my post. No harm done and there were no remarks for others to read that were way off topic. So, on topic for me. I went to the starbucks in parkland after church like I do every week. There was a SO vehicle in the parking lot. After I walked in, guess who got out of his car and got in line behind me? Think he may be trying to get me to do something stupid to ruin my chances at a lawsuit.

Before you jump on the 2nd admendment right to bear rant, tell me you wouldn't get a bit on the edge if you saw a guy with a gun walking into a store. Do you assume everyone has that right and others should just assume the guy with a gun is a good person? .

Not trying to pick a fight but...Has anyone ever heard of a person Open Caring with his/her firearm in its holster, in plain view, draw it to rob someone? From say the 1950's until now.

Isn't it always the criminal who pulls the firearm from a concealed location on themselves that does the crime?

Hmmmm....Food for thought. :)

‘Guns make people nervous'

"...We live in a nation where the right to keep and bear arms is constitutionally guaranteed and protected at both the state and federal level. The Bellevue-based Second Amendment Foundation's lawsuit victory in McDonald v. City of Chicago saw to that. There are millions of firearms in this country, and here in the West, it is not uncommon to see rifles or shotguns in window racks, and some 258,000 citizens are legally licensed to carry concealed handguns. There is an active open carry movement here. The mere presence of firearms should not make anyone nervous unless they are hoplophobic..."

<broken link removed>

Or try this:

<broken link removed>

I think it would be a good thing if people went over to the OCDO forum and read a few of the threads on matters concerning, encounters with LEOs, how you should conduct your self, or any other threads that have pertinence towards the constitution. This could be an eye opener. Then you can make up your own mind.

I walked away from that OCDO forum for the reason that they feel it is there right to be jerks. Sure you have the right, as is written on paper, to be a jerk, but I live my life with a different set of morals. Why Tom just didn't stand up like a man and show the LEO his ID is beyond me, he does say he has nothing to hide. This other forum (that Tom is a part of) LIVES to find controversy. And then its like a pack of dogs going after 1 bone. (a small pack) They do it to get into the spotlight. Some a LOT more than others. And toot there own horns about how freekin great they are (puke). They claim to be trying to normalize open carry in society. I think they have a few preachers there that want to see themselves on TV or have people tell them how great they are on the internet,
its like an internet cult. DO THINGS OUR WAY or we will bash you and tell you how wrong and stupid you are.
A lot of good apples there but the bad ones stink up the whole basket. JMHO

I think it would be a good thing if people went over to the OCDO forum and read a few of the threads on matters concerning, encounters with LEOs, how you should conduct your self, or any other threads that have pertinence towards the constitution. This could be an eye opener. Then you can make up your own mind.

I think that this is a better idea. Surely the broad brush you painted above doesn't correspond to the different set of morals you live your life by.

We all have to live with ourselves. Right gogo?
This is just the internet. Life on the outside is where it counts. Life goes on.:s0155:
Where would we all be with out the internet? A? :s0112:

I have no idea what the truth of all this situation is, I will say that I personally will retain all of my constitutional rights and not just the ones that are convenient for the police to extend to me.

Before you jump on the 2nd admendment right to bear rant, tell me you wouldn't get a bit on the edge if you saw a guy with a gun walking into a store. Do you assume everyone has that right and others should just assume the guy with a gun is a good person? Our world has changed, I don't know if the guy with a gun is coming back to his former employer to get even, his ex works there, he's on crack or his just tired of life. Should I just assume all is well? Even more should a LEO assume a person with a firearm isn't a threat with out checking them out? I have a lot of passion for my right to bear arms, all the same I understand there is a balance. I CC daily and azz hats like this do little to help.

Honestly I can answer that as I have been in plenty of "public" locations and watch a person come in with a firearm in plain sight, and no, it doesn't bother me a bit. If it is holstered and that person is acting normal and conducting normal bussness normally associated with the establishment. Now if said person came in acting sketchy and his hand was acting as if ready to "draw", that would change my disposition. I personally CC, however have no issues with OC, (well sometimes I find it laughable when I see a person walking around in a oversize uncle mike holster dangling around with a high-point shoved into it) But no reservations about their intentions.

If you made any sense in your statement, I would of gotten it. Maybe I am slow. Ben poked fun of himself more than anyone else.

Maybe it's common knowledge that Ben poked fun of himself, but because I didn't know that, the quote didn't make sense to me either. Just sounded like an odd thing for Ben (a signer of the declaration, which is inherently a critique, condemnation and complaint) to say. No big.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top