JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did he say that by exercising a right,a person is asking for trouble?

No That is why I figured you were a woman that heard/read one thing and just ASSumed another.
As my ex's did.So chill out if you are a woman.Just speaking from experience.

OK R..E...A...L sloooowww forrrr youuuu

Young lady( a young female,saying this because young women seem to change what they hear and read to what they can make a fuss of)

READ WHAT "HE" SAID Kind of self explanatory,huh?
HE What HE said

And again,I was seeing that you changed what John Wayne said into something else,so I ASSumed that you were a woman posting

So by him saying a OCer is trying to get attention,you wanted to know if anyone trying to exercise his RIGHTS was seeking attention.
He said Open Carrier's,not other people trying to exercise their rights to do things most would find normal.

People don't find others open carrying a normal activity.

Was I clear enough or do I need to call you and talk real slow?

No, I do not think I was ssssslllllllooowwwww enough for you.
it's become clear that you sir have issues from your ex, i would certainly gander that it was communication issues.

Secondly, You seem to be full of aSSumptions about me, to bad for you. You really no nothing about me, and at this point I am leaning less inclined to know anything about you except that you are....
In any event we have leaned from this,

you have thin skin, very thin.
simple question with no malice or offense, (and directed to some one else entirely) is offensive to you.
All OC'ers are trouble makers and looking for trouble,
OCing is a state right, all have the right to OC,
However, should any one choose to exercise that right, they are looking for trouble.

And that Mr. Wyne has no more further comment on it, however does have fans that can answer and comment for him. Personally, I would be upset to have other speaking for me, to each their own I suppose.

oh in case I wasn't slow enough for you, I am a male, not you EX. Maybe you should think about professional help, and possibly some writing classes.

ok, I am done with you and your friends, im to simple minded to read your posts any way. I will coment no further on this and waste the bad with or other peoples time.

to all happy ThanksGiving. :s0155:

It is the right of every citizen of the state of washington to be able to carry openly firearms. Stopping someone because of this is equal to stopping someone based on race, sex, or clothing. The OC'rs in this state are being discriminated against. Say what you want, but they are being done wrong, under law. To debate this is to futile, and if you do not believe in equal rights for all, then you don't deserve to be American. The end. If you think Oc'rs should show ID, lobby Olympia, otherwise to infringe upon their right is simply ignorant, and quite frankly bigotry.

Wow, then OC'ers are JUST LIKE MLK Jr.??? say it... 'I have a dream...." LMAO. No one is saying they are wrong under the law. I know they are right but it doesn't change the officer having a situation where the out of norm begged inquiry. I would want cops checking someone out to ensure that they aren't, say, a guy that just got out of prison on parole and, say, planning on shooting people, even say, cops in a coffee shop. Not that it has never happened in the Seattle/Tacoma area.

I believe in cops making inquiry when they know someone is carrying. I've seem some OC'ers and, honestly, I'd want cops to check them out. :s0155:

So, if I don't deserve to be an American for that, then so be it. Of course, I am a war veteran of more than one war and I would think I have a dog in the fight. I'd venture to guess though, most Americans think OC'ers, standing in a coffee shop, by themselves, should be checked out.

Make all the excuses you want. If the cop felt "Terry" applied, he thought ID'ing the guy was applicable. You have to admit, a guy walking around with a gun is not the norm. Tom was acting like a little kid with a new toy, wants to show it off and show the big, bad evil doing police who knew their rights.

OC carriers are much the same way. That's why they carry recorders- to show these big bad bullies are mean to them. Save your broken record about trampled rights.

+1

They are quickly becoming "that girl" in high school that used to talk openly about killing herself. "Oh no, Susan! You're wonderful! You have too much to live for!"

In the end she always got what she wanted: attention.

I've never been a fan of attention whores.

No, I do not think I was ssssslllllllooowwwww enough for you.
it's become clear that you sir have issues from your ex, i would certainly gander that it was communication issues.

Secondly, You seem to be full of aSSumptions about me, to bad for you. You really no nothing about me, and at this point I am leaning less inclined to know anything about you except that you are....
In any event we have leaned from this,

you have thin skin, very thin.
simple question with no malice or offense, (and directed to some one else entirely) is offensive to you.
All OC'ers are trouble makers and looking for trouble,
OCing is a state right, all have the right to OC,
However, should any one choose to exercise that right, they are looking for trouble.

And that Mr. Wyne has no more further comment on it, however does have fans that can answer and comment for him. Personally, I would be upset to have other speaking for me, to each their own I suppose.

oh in case I wasn't slow enough for you, I am a male, not you EX. Maybe you should think about professional help, and possibly some writing classes.

ok, I am done with you and your friends, im to simple minded to read your posts any way. I will coment no further on this and waste the bad with or other peoples time.

to all happy ThanksGiving. :s0155:

and possibly some writing classes.
Hahaha You obviously don't proof read your own posts
I love this.

As for thin skin,I was the boss' kid in high school,been maried twice and in construction for 35+ years.
There is nothing you can say to me to hurt my fealing
I think I have one left.

Tattoo and googoowhatever can say what ever they want,if you are open carrying and not a security officer or a cop,OR work at a gun shop,you are looking for attention.

Having a gun on your side is looking for attention.There isn't much need for it.
It makes you a target (there is always someone faster)
It brings attention to you.Just because nobody says anything doesn't mean they aren't wondering WTF? Is this guy skeered?

Concealed carry is just as easy as open carry. Are you really gunna quick draw when SHTF?
I want my gun in my hand when something happens.Like in my hand in a pocket.So no drawing and trying to be quicker than someone else.

You probably have a greater chance of getting shot by your own gun than anyone else.Or than anyone else does of just getting shot.
If I was a bad guy,I would target guy I saw with an gun.Then I have a gun for me!

I have no need to carry all the time.I don't know when something is going to happen,but it just doesn't happen to me.
I have had 3 times in my life (52yrs)that I had some inclining of pulling a weapon.
One wasn't directed towards me either.And that is while living in Seattle , Lakewood and Tacoma. **** a kid got shot 20 yards from my house in south Tacoma.Still didn't make me carry all the time.

Do y'all realize that the way you carry yourself has the most to do with being attacked?

Carry all you want.I just don't want to be around you when you do.If I don't know you,I don't want to be around you with a gun.
I have no idea if the guy that got taken in can shoot or handle a gun properly.It doesn't make me feel any safer at all.bubblegum I would probably given him bubblegum for open carrying

I believe open carry is great in some areas.In others ,I think it makes a guy look like a cop wanna be.

You must be 18 years or older with no felony crimes on record to possess a firearm. Just as a server of alcohol can ask you for ID, so can a police officer for someone who is carrying a firearm.

Any law enforcement officer can ask you for ID. However, if you are a US citizen- you are not required to carry any ID on you and all you have to do is tell any LEO that you are a citizen of the US and are not required to carry ID. Nevertheless, under certain cercumstances, they can detain you to ensure you are who you say you are (I.E. if you are near a boarder of another country, match the description of a subject wanted for questioning in a crime, ect.).

When asked for ID from a police officer you are REQUIRED to give your FULL NAME and DATE OF BIRTH.

The LEO did not do anything wrong, the man should have shown his ID, let the police look it up and he would have been on his way. However, if he provided ID, did not commit any crimes and was still detained- then, and only then, would this have been considered as unlawful detainment.

I swear, some of you guys just like stirring up pots to see what floats to the top. You're like kids that poke at a hornet's nest, then go crying to everyone when you get stung.

This is not true in Oregon! Don't have to give the po po anything unless you are driving!

TS

You are sadly mistaken, if you match the description of a criminal and refuse to cooperate with the police you will be detained.

It's called "Reasonable Suspicion". Look it up...

Now you are adding to the story. Just walking down the street you do not have to provide ID. Not doing anything illegal, don't have to give id.

And, lets not forget about our right to remain silent......

Tim

I posted earlier about right to OC carry vs. scaring people. For all your talk, I must have missed the part where you explain how it is ok to scare people. As I said, scared people vote against anything that they don't understand. Also, I would like to hear WHY you open carry. We have heard many times that it is your right. Beyond that, why? If it is not attention getting, I haven't heard a reasonable answer to this question. I am the husband of 1, father of 2 and grandfather of 7. I don't know you when I see you OC. You scare my family!
If you have a good reason for that, some of you who rant and rave should feel obligated to explain. Another question. Should I tell my grandson to trust the guy with gun in Target or the policeman? What do you OC guys tell your kids?

I posted earlier about right to OC carry vs. scaring people. For all your talk, I must have missed the part where you explain how it is ok to scare people. As I said, scared people vote against anything that they don't understand. Also, I would like to hear WHY you open carry. We have heard many times that it is your right. Beyond that, why? If it is not attention getting, I haven't heard a reasonable answer to this question. I am the husband of 1, father of 2 and grandfather of 7. I don't know you when I see you OC. You scare my family!
If you have a good reason for that, some of you who rant and rave should feel obligated to explain. Another question. Should I tell my grandson to trust the guy with gun in Target or the policeman? What do you OC guys tell your kids?

And here is the point really. Thank you.

Now you are adding to the story. Just walking down the street you do not have to provide ID. Not doing anything illegal, don't have to give id.

And, lets not forget about our right to remain silent......

Tim

Adding to what story? I specifically stated
Any law enforcement officer can ask you for ID. However, if you are a US citizen- you are not required to carry any ID on you and all you have to do is tell any LEO that you are a citizen of the US and are not required to carry ID. Nevertheless, under certain cercumstances, they can detain you to ensure you are who you say you are (I.E. if you are near a boarder of another country, match the description of a subject wanted for questioning in a crime, ect.).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top