JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Quick legal question regarding serial engraving. If building an AK from a parts kit that has...say a serial on the front trunnion or bolt carrier..or anywhere, can the same serial be engraved on the US made receiver to match? it will be a 922r compliant rifle that will be made in the US. Im thinking if there is a number on the trunnion and I make up my own number for a homebuild receiver, couldn't this confuse authorities if they would look at it? I also read misleading info on "if no serial is on the receiver but on the trunnion, then that counts as the serial" but as a US build receiver, wouldn't it need its own "different" serial?

You will need to speak with the reciever manufacture. It's been a while since I built one, but I do remember NDS (nodakspud) offered custome serial numbers to match the trunions, etc.

Oh the receiver maker engraves whatever I want.. the question is just if it is legally allowed to use the same serial as the partskit parts have!?

Yes. The reciever is considered the firearm, so it really does not matter what the number is as long as it is registered by the mfg. Matching numbers is an elegant way of building the kit.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top